www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will the unbeaten run continue?

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. I_vote_lcap0%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. I_vote_lcap100%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. Empty 100% 
[ 2 ]
Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. I_vote_lcap0%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. Empty Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I don't like Leeds!

It's not a recent opinion as I was a young man in an era when the chant was "Dirty, Dirty Leeds", and boy did they and their fan's earn the accolade.

Times change but I've yet to be convinced that Leeds have rehabilitated themselves. Their owner is still in danger of serious action being taken against him by the League.

Any way moving on .... Saturday will be a very tough confrontation, and we will have to be absolutely focussed and committed to get a positive result. I keep trying to convince myself that we'll win, but I'm going for a physical 1-1 draw.

One thing that may help us get a result is the fact that Leeds have a blood and guts quarter final Cup match against their old nemesis tonight, away versus Liverpool!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. Empty Re: Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by Sandie Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:38 pm

I would take a draw in this one.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. Empty Re: Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:50 pm

I agree with you .... As long as we beat Wigan at home the following week.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:56 am

They've won four out of the last five so they're on a run even hotter than us and it's not an easy place to go. The important thing is to keep the unbeaten run going even when we visit the difficult places.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 pm

They'll be as nervous at playing us, as we are at playing them. That will probably make for a scruffy physical game.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:54 pm

we are set up to counter attack teams and for me we will do this to devastating effect against leeds. I can see us running in comfortable winners in this match. another 1-3 and banish the Sky curse once and for all!!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:41 pm

I like your optimism Jim! Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:04 pm

If we play the same way we played in the second half at Brighton we will beat them. However, even though we won on Saturday I'm not so sure we would win against Leeds if we put in the same performance again.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:33 am

We made Cardiff look like a half decent side on Saturday. We will need the midfield to function if we're to match Leeds, because they're looking like a team at the moment. We have the best players, but we're not playing as a total unit enough. We still look like a bunch of individuals at times. We can do it, but we have to play for each other.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:45 am

I think our midfield looks stronger and more cohesive for having Gary Gardner in it. That's something I didn't think I'd be saying a couple of weeks into this season. Gardner must come into the side.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Sandie wrote:I think our midfield looks stronger and more cohesive for having Gary Gardner in it. That's something I didn't think I'd be saying a couple of weeks into this season. Gardner must come into the side.
Agreed. Leeds isn't going to be a good match for Westwood, but he'll probably be on the team sheet. I would far rather have Gardner on the pitch.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:11 pm

I think Bruce will move to a midfield three for this one thus playing Gardner and Westwood. For all the difference Westwood would make we could accommodate another attacking player.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Sandie wrote:I think Bruce will move to a midfield three for this one thus playing Gardner and Westwood. For all the difference Westwood would make we could accommodate another attacking player.
If he plays Jedinak and Gardner, he should put Grealish in as the third midfielder. Leeds have some young players who may well get stuck into Grealish, gaining us free kicks in potentially dangerous areas.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:23 pm

That position is where Grealish is at his best IMO.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:13 am

Westwood's energy is surely the only thing keeping him in the team right now. Bruce needs to look beyond the buzzing around and analyse what he contributes to a game. The negatives outweigh the positives. That means he's taking the space of someone who could contribute positively. That player should have been Veretout, but even though he's still our player we've made that an impossibility. So roll on Jan !st and a serious bid for Lansbury!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next