www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will the unbeaten run continue?

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 Empty 100% 
[ 2 ]
Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 Empty Re: Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by Sandie Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 pm

I just don't get the Westwood thing. Is running around a bit and training hard enough to get a game?

It's the same with Gabby. I have no reason to doubt Bruce when he says Gabby is working very hard and determined to return to contention. However, it doesn't alter the fact that he's several levels below what we need and has seemingly lost his pace that was the strongest attribute he had. The 2016 Gabby is less of a goal threat than Heskey was. That's a player who is contention to play in the area of our squad where we are strongest and even our manager admits there's too many players in contention.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 Empty Re: Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Sandie wrote:I just don't get the Westwood thing. Is running around a bit and training hard enough to get a game?

It's the same with Gabby. I have no reason to doubt Bruce when he says Gabby is working very hard and determined to return to contention. However, it doesn't alter the fact that he's several levels below what we need and has seemingly lost his pace that was the strongest attribute he had. The 2016 Gabby is less of a goal threat than Heskey was. That's a player who is contention to play in the area of our squad where we are strongest and even our manager admits there's too many players in contention.
I can only come up with one suggestion for the reason why Westwood and Gabby are picked. SB must be looking at tiring the opposition for the last half an hour of games. Both players cause the opposition to work at a higher tempo than they may be comfortable with. We tend to try and blitz our opponents in the last part of a match, so maybe that's the reason for Westwood and Gabby in the first two thirds of a game.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:41 pm

There might be some sense in that. Against Cardiff Grealish was quieter and less influential than he was against Brighton. The difference was that he played from the start against Cardiff which allowed the opposition to find a way to deal with him (usually kicking or having two-three men on him) from the start rather than coming up against tired legs as a sub. Don't get me wrong, Jack was working very, very hard for the team against Cardiff. It was just that we weren't seeing the same kind of dazzling attacking play as much.

There was an even more notable difference in Ayew's performance between the two games but for me that was more down to him putting in a poor performance than anything else.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 pm

I think our midfield will remain an unanswered question until the end of a successful January transfer window.

Congratulations on 4000 very valuable posts Sandie! Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 205019816 Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 4288271622 Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 2614569260 Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 48398843 Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 2614569260 Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 4288271622 Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:02 am

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 2614569260

I just hope it is answered in January. God help us if it isn't!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 am

If it's sorted in January we could be back in the Premier League this summer. If it isn't sorted we may have to wait until next year.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 am

I'm getting really excited about the match later. C'mon the Villa! Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:49 pm

It's good that we can get excited about Villa again, even with considerable space for improvement.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:53 pm

I still think a draw is the most likely result, but I know that fans like Jim_Villa are certain we'll win this one. I hope we do. cheers
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Someone who's opinion I respect has just said on another site that "he doesn't yet think we are in control of games". I agree with that, which is why I think that we still can't 'expect' wins. We may win lose or draw today because of that "lack of control" element.

I hope it's a win though! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 2 Cyxabr10
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 pm

It looks like we may be getting the ball forward early. Amavi and Adomah to swing the ball in.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm actually happy with the changes. I knew Westwood would be in the team but as I expected it I'm not really disappointed. Good to see Gardner and Rudy back in. Seen the suggestion they have come in to add much needed height at set pieces.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 pm

I've been scratching my head for 90 minutes trying to figure out what the plan was. Kodjia and Gestede started but we didn't play with anyone in the box. Kodjia and Gestede were on the left and right. In the second half Westwood was often the furthest player forward and that can't be right. It was disjointed and vey disappointing. Gollini should have done better for both goals. That was simply not good enough.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:59 pm

It's back to the point we made earlier about us not dominating games due to our weak midfield. There was no one to play the ball forward. I think we were setting out to contain Leeds rather than to beat them and had no answers beyond that.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next