www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will the unbeaten run continue?

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 Empty 100% 
[ 2 ]
Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 Empty Re: Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 pm

If you're just looking to contain the opposition and hit them on the break then you have to remain error free at the back. We have several dangerous lapses a game, so in my opinion we should be looking to press and outscore the opposition. Gollini, Elphick, Westwood, Hutton etc all have dodgy moments, so I suggest we need to re think our tactics to allow for this. We were beaten by two mistakes, plus our 'tactic' of playing our most dangerous striker on the left wing.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match. - Page 3 Empty Re: Leeds v Aston Villa Saturday 3rd Dec 5.30pm kick off .... SKY TV match.

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Is there any coincidence that the wheels fell off and both goals were conceded yesterday once Gary Gardner was subbed off? Gardner may not seem to be the most influential of players but he does a good disciplined job in midfield, presses the opposition and allows the midfield to keep its shape better whilst defending. This is in a marked contrast to Westwood who is more lightweight and doesn't hold his position well enough.

Whilst we offered nothing in an attacking sense prior to that we did manage to contain Leeds quite well. The game at that point looked like it could have been heading to a draw. Then Gardner comes off and we conceded two goals.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Sandie wrote:Is there any coincidence that the wheels fell off and both goals were conceded yesterday once Gary Gardner was subbed off? Gardner may not seem to be the most influential of players but he does a good disciplined job in midfield, presses the opposition and allows the midfield to keep its shape better whilst defending. This is in a marked contrast to Westwood who is more lightweight and doesn't hold his position well enough.

Whilst we offered nothing in an attacking sense prior to that we did manage to contain Leeds quite well. The game at that point looked like it could have been heading to a draw. Then Gardner comes off and we conceded two goals.
Nail on head Sandie. Leeds started to dominate our midfield from that point onwards. It also coincided with Westwood apparently being told to take up a strikers position. What was that all about?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:04 pm

I have a very high opinion of Jedinak but I don't think he can man a midfield on his own. I also think Baker was a very big (both literally and figuratively) miss yesterday.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 am

Sandie wrote:I have a very high opinion of Jedinak but I don't think he can man a midfield on his own. I also think Baker was a very big (both literally and figuratively) miss yesterday.
Gary Monk commented on the weakness of our midfield in comparison to theirs. Even so, two poor pieces of goalkeeping gave them the three points.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3