www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

4 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against Sunderland?

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM I_vote_lcap0%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM I_vote_lcap50%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM I_vote_lcap50%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM Empty Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by Sandie Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:25 am

Shortly after we see in the bells and wave goodbye to 2015, we will have our first fixture of 2016. No respite in this league though hopefully 2016 will not be quite as horrific as 2015 has been for the club.

We face Sunderland, another team who have gone stale and stagnant after a series of relegation battles and one we find directly above is in the basement of the Premier League. Only they are 4 points ahead. Beat them and we'll still be bottom. Big Sam was portrayed as some kind of magic man when he went in there but has coaxed out barely more of a reaction than Remi Garde has with us. Perhaps they are just a sick club like us? Sunderland have lost every game they have played so far in December (they play Liverpool later today) so are far from a team in form. They're probably one of the easiest games we will face but they are almost certainly saying the same thing about us.

So what do we expect to happen against the Mackems?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM Empty Re: Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by Sandie Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:33 am

If I predict us to win, we tend to lose so I'm not falling into that trap again. I don't think we're going to win anyway, no Ayew and no other players who've shown any initiative doesn't really sound like a recipe for success.

I might be tempted to say a draw but I'm not sure how bad Sunderland are. 1-0 defeat is my prediction.

One thing is for sure, Okore and Lescott need to be reinstated at centre half having had time to recover. Am I right in thinking, with the opening of the transfer window, Cissokho and Bennett are available for selection again? At least we will have the option of a proper (if limited) left back.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM Empty Re: Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:25 am

This team could win or lose, which is a 50% improvement on the team picked to play Norwich.

Guzan

Richards Okore Lescott Cissokho

Gil Veretout Gana Grealish

Gestede Traore

4-4-2.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:28 am

The team we will pick will not be the one above and we will lose or draw. I'm going for a draw simply because Sunderland are crap, and we have more exciting players on the bench than they have in their team.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:35 pm

I can quite easily see a bore draw.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Injury news: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5240353,00.html

Okore back, Sanchez and Gabby out.

How can Gabby get injured so often when he's not playing? A smokescreen?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Sandie wrote:Injury news: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5240353,00.html

Okore back, Sanchez and Gabby out.

How can Gabby get injured so often when he's not playing? A smokescreen?
He strained his back again picking up his extremely heavy wage packet. You've got to feel sorry for him. If he wasn't injured he'd be begging Robert Duverne for extra training!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:28 am

Sunderland are a very poor team. We are a woeful team but have a couple of players who given the chance could make us more potent. Will Garde pick a team to win this Saturday. I'll watch with interest.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:47 pm

With Sanchez and Westwood out we might just see something amounting to a footballing midfield due to a lack of other options. Similarly, with Ayew suspended and Gabby injured there's scope for one of our out of favour forwards to make an appearance. We might stumble on something by accident here.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:54 pm

Sandie wrote:With Sanchez and Westwood out we might just see something amounting to a footballing midfield due to a lack of other options. Similarly, with Ayew suspended and Gabby injured there's scope for one of our out of favour forwards to make an appearance. We might stumble on something by accident here.
I think the same as you Sandie, but I wouldn't mind betting Remi will find a way to put out a negative team.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Tomorrow is a 9 pointer according to Sam Allardyce, a win is that important. Remi Garde doesn't even think it's a must win game, he says that we will try to win but if we don't there are more than enough points available after this match. I am beginning to lose my patience with Monsieur Garde!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:35 pm

If we can't beat the team in 19th place who could we beat?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Sandie wrote:If we can't beat the team in 19th place who could we beat?
True, Remi must have a lot of faith in his ability to bring in better players, if he thinks we can beat higher teams.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Merson has backed us to beat Sunderland. They've got no fit centre backs, and he says we're bound to play two up front.

We should have played two up front against Norwich but we bottled it, so I'll await the team sheet before I get excited.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Do we have two to play up front? Gestede will be involved for sure but unless Kozak is out of exile our other options are more like wide players.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next