www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against Sunderland?

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Watford have shown that you can pin teams back and cause loads of problems with two strikers. Sunderland have no first choice centre backs available, today would be a good day to play with two strikers. Play Traore, as a number 9, play Hepburn Murphy, Sellars, Kozak .... any one who actually knows where the goal is. The tactic has to be getting bodies into the Sunderland box.

Gestede and Kozak although not ideal as a pairing could really pull Sunderland out of shape and leave space for others to score as well. Gestede and Traore would put the fear of God up an opposition with a makeshift defence.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Faint stirrings of excitement .... I really should know better! Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:56 pm

We never learn!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Cissokho has been added to the 25 man squad and is available for selection today according to the official twitter.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Cissokho, Bacuna, Gana, Veretout, Gil, Gestede, Grealish is the team.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:04 pm

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial  38s38 seconds ago
#AVFC team: Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Cissokho, Bacuna, Gana, Veretout, Gil, Gestede, Grealish.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Kozak on the bench!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:08 pm

You beat me Sandie! Very Happy

It's more attacking as long as Traore is given at least 30 minutes in the second half.

Kozak has made the bench .... shock horror! I hope the guy gets some useful time as well.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Okore is fit, and he and Lescott are a far more disciplined pair than Richards and Lescott.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Kozak on the bench is a total condemnation of Gabby our club captain. Bye Gabby. I hope Kozak gets and takes his chance.

It's simply do or die today. We win and we have a faint chance, draw or lose and it's game over for me.

Come on Villa. We have an 'attacking' team, let's go out and attack attack attack. It literally is boom or bust on this one. Biggest game in 20 years. As I said, win we have a lifeline and go into the transfer window with a glimmer of hope, anything else and we're done for.

Let's do it lads, pleeeeaaassseeeee!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:17 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Kozak on the bench is a total condemnation of Gabby our club captain. Bye Gabby. I hope Kozak gets and takes his chance.

It's simply do or die today. We win and we have a faint chance, draw or lose and it's game over for me.

Come on Villa. We have an 'attacking' team, let's go out and attack attack attack. It literally is boom or bust on this one. Biggest game in 20 years. As I said, win we have a lifeline and go into the transfer window with a glimmer of hope, anything else and we're done for.

Let's do it lads, pleeeeaaassseeeee!!
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 4288271622 Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:17 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Okore is fit, and he and Lescott are a far more disciplined pair than Richards and Lescott.

Does add weight to the rumour Richards has it in his contract that he has to be CB. Otherwise any manager would put him at RB and drop Hutton and as you say pair Okore with Lescott. Given all his posturing on twitters this week about giving 100% and talking exception to criticism, if he really wanted to be a 'professional' he'd put his own wants and needs aside and say to the manager, put me at RB, it's for the best of the team. That is of course if the rumour is true. I can't see any other reason why he hasn't been moved there.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:20 pm

It's too obvious for the manager to miss, unless he really believes that Hutton is our main man. Trying to accommodate players in positions they're not suited to has cost us this season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Richards was highly rated as a right back, because of his pace and power and cavalier attitude. His age indicates that he should now be at his absolute prime, so let's see him do what he does best for the next couple of seasons Remi!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:32 pm

This team could win today, but we could also lose it by our defence not doing it's job. Will Big Sam target the space behind Hutton?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next