www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

4 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against Sunderland?

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm not sure it's a more attacking team but it's good to see Gil and Grealish getting a go. And with our injuries and suspensions it's near to the best we could put out so we can't knock Garde for it. I think both Hutton and Richards lack the discipline in their respective positions so hope it doesn't cost us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland V Aston Villa: Saturday 2nd January at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Bright start with a couple of good chances.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Bacuna great turn and pass to Veretout, Mannone saves brilliantly.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Sandie wrote:I'm not sure it's a more attacking team but it's good to see Gil and Grealish getting a go. And with our injuries and suspensions it's near to the best we could put out so we can't knock Garde for it. I think both Hutton and Richards lack the discipline in their respective positions so hope it doesn't cost us.

If we go off the basis that we've previously been picking four DM's (according to many) then this has to be considered as more attacking with Gil, Jack and Bacuna all in midfield and playing offensively. Whether it provides an all round better attacking performance is another thing. That's what I've previously banged on about. not so much about individuals, but more about systems and the right set of players. We will see, bright start.

On a side note, not long been assured Richards has said he is willing to play at RB if it benefits the team.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Bacuna's bossing the midfield.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:15 pm

I think in an attacking sense Ayew is a big loss so going for two/three attacking midfielders might not make up for that. Of course, there's nothing Remi can do about that so I'm not going to criticise him. We've had bright starts with his less attacking sides but they've been undone. Hope today is different.

Think playing wide right might suit Bacuna. He was never a full back.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Sandie wrote:I think in an attacking sense Ayew is a big loss so going for two/three attacking midfielders might not make up for that. Of course, there's nothing Remi can do about that so I'm not going to criticise him. We've had bright starts with his less attacking sides but they've been undone. Hope today is different.

Think playing wide right might suit Bacuna. He was never a full back.

Agree on Bacuna and he certainly isn't a left back, he has a poor left foot, so this position suits him. need to get Gestede involved by swinging a few balls in.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Got to get more men in the box, this is where Gil and Grealish struggle, they're not the type of players to make those runs (off the ball) it'a all very well having possession, but we need to load the box with midfield runners. No way Hutton or Bacuna/Cissokho are going to hit just one man.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Shit!

1-0 down. Richards O.G. Bossing it too we were.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Poor defending .... again. When will our right sided defenders ever learn!

Villa were on top, and then we gift a stupid goal. How many times must we f*ck it up!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:33 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Got to get more men in the box, this is where Gil and Grealish struggle, they're not the type of players to make those runs (off the ball) it'a all very well having possession, but we need to load the box with midfield runners. No way Hutton or Bacuna/Cissokho are going to hit just one man.

That's what I was thinking about when I was talking about whether this was an attacking team or not and Ayew being a big loss.

This is the second game in a row where we've started well then conceded. I really hope our heads don't drop. If we can fight back it would do even more for confidence than a more straightforward win. COME ON VILLA!!! FIGHT BACK!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Richards and Hutton are both vacating their positions at the same time. It's an accident waiting to happen. Apart from that we're still the better team.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:43 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Richards and Hutton are both vacating their positions at the same time. It's an accident waiting to happen. Apart from that we're still the better team.

It's a recurring theme for us. Do you think our coaches and players watch back all these goals and see what problems recur? I doubt it as we never seem to learn.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:45 pm

I think today we've seen why Grealish has been struggling to get into this team...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 pm

We don't have an experienced defensive coach. We have Garde who was a squad midfielder, and Ray who was a striker at a secondary level.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next