www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre season training discussion

4 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pre season training discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre season training discussion

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Elphick will be a huge asset.

Stan will be 37 next week, I hope his month training with us goes really well for him. I worry for him, that the outcome of the next four weeks will leave him feeling down.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Pre season training discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre season training discussion

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:20 pm

I've been thinking "why no pics of players inside BMH"? I've only just realised it's to do with training gear and Macron's contract. Pics will almost certainly be forthcoming on Friday July 1st, when Under Armour are our contracted kit suppliers.

Silly me! Pre season training discussion - Page 2 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:22 pm

It's the first time we've returned to training before July 1st due to our lower league status, and July 1st is when kit contracts begin and end.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Stan will be 37 next week, I hope his month training with us goes really well for him. I worry for him, that the outcome of the next four weeks will leave him feeling down.
Yes, having got so close it will hurt if he doesn't get as far as he wants. To even get where he is today is a wonderful and inspirational achievement from him.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:06 am

This is going round. Not sure if it's genuine (has the old badge on it):
Pre season training discussion - Page 2 Rules10
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:01 am

According to the Birmingham Mail, the rules and fines sheet is genuine. It has now been taken down to be replaced by a new revised version.

It should also say no headphones during working hours. How can you engender togetherness when players are isolating themselves in their own cocoon? How many other jobs would allow an employee to wander around with cans on their head? They can listen to music at home or in their mobile discos!

Am I giving my age away here? Pre season training discussion - Page 2 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Who was it that couldn't spell jewellery, I wonder?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:59 am

Sandie wrote:Who was it that couldn't spell jewellery, I wonder?
Someone who's spent time in the USA? That's the American spelling (jewelry). 'Dinning' however is probably the noise our lot make in the dining room. 'Toweling' could do with another L as well. Pre season training discussion - Page 2 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:40 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-gabby-agbonlahor-message-11560033?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. If we believe what the club said about Gabby last season, and add his shisha trip and his booze weekend, then he wasn't just one of a bunch of lads responsible for relegation, he was a prime mover.

In this article he doesn't acknowledge his (deliberate?) lack of fitness, effort and specifically crap behaviour at a critical time for Villa. It's more an attempt to blag it and carry on.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Aye, he's hoping he can fool another manager into giving him another chance to blow. Our problem is he will not exactly be easy to get shot of.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 am

I've had another look at his 'message' and I'm actually gobsmacked by the thought that he thinks everything's okay. He must be totally self absorbed if he can't see that he's burnt his bridges with the fans. He should be saying absolutely nothing!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:10 pm

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/04/di-matteo-takes-charge

Finally .... we get some training pics. It's a focus on RDM/SC/KB/MM/SB, but at least it allows fans an insight.

Communication has to improve this season in order to win back fans. Tommy Jordan still appears to be the Head of the 'NO' communication department, which needs to change in my opinion.

I do not want to hear from players like Gabby, I want to hear from the club .... officially and regularly. I want regular photos of players working their arses off, and I definitely don't want to read another smug twitter comment from any of our players.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Yes, our PR is terrible. Something Xia needs to sort out.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:19 pm

Jordan Ayew is wearing number ten this season if you check out the RDM pic.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:22 pm

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/04/elphick-in-action-amavi-returns?

It's good to see Amavi back in full training. It's also refreshing to see an outstanding leader out there with the rest of the lads. I don't mean Gabby, Richards or Lescott! Pre season training discussion - Page 2 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next