www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre season training discussion

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pre season training discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre season training discussion

Post by Sandie Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:50 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Jordan Ayew is wearing number ten this season if you check out the RDM pic.

I'd love to think it's good news but it probably doesn't tell us much. Hope he's good to his word from last week.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Pre season training discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Pre season training discussion

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:00 pm

In my opinion we should not have been relegated last season. We had enough good players to put out a lower mid table team if we had only had the right manager and coaches. Our key players can make a name for themselves this season in the marginally less pressured environment of the Championship. The fact that they will still be playing with a big name club will enhance their reputations if they are committed to giving 100% and are successful.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:58 pm

First friendly (weirdly not publicised by the club) is against Grazer AK on Saturday: http://www.grazerak.at/index.php/aktuelles/414-vorverkauf-fuer-gak-1902-aston-villa-fc
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks Sandie thats exciting, it must be the start of our Austrian training adventure. Pre season training discussion - Page 3 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:53 pm

I'm a bit surprised we're going into pre-season friendles already, I suppose it has to come round earlier with us being in the Championship and therefore having an earlier start and a more congested and grueling campaign ahead of us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:24 am

Sandie wrote:I'm a bit surprised we're going into pre-season friendles already, I suppose it has to come round earlier with us being in the Championship and therefore having an earlier start and a more congested and grueling campaign ahead of us.
I think you're right about a deliberately busy schedule. If you look at the timing of the two matches on Sat 16th July against Telford and Worcester, the idea in having them 3 hours apart is so that the same players can play a part of both matches, as the travelling time is only 45 minutes max between the venues. RDM obviously wants to see his players under pressure.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Squad for the Austria tour:

Goalkeepers: Mark Bunn, Jed Steer.

Defenders: Tommy Elphick, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Micah Richards, Jores Okore, Joleon Lescott, Alan Hutton, Jordan Amavi, Aly Cissokho, Leandro Bacuna.

Midfielders: Idrissa Gueye, Ashley Westwood, Jordan Veretout, Gary Gardner, Carles Gil, Jack Grealish, Stiliyan Petrov.

Forwards: Scott Sinclair, Gabby Agbonlahor, Jordan Ayew, Libor Kozak, Rudy Gestede
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:33 pm

It's a shame that Adama Traore and Jordan Lyden are injured. They would both have benefitted from being 'assessed' by the manager and coaches.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:58 pm

3-0 up, Richards, Ayew and Kozak the scorers.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:41 pm

5-0. Another one for Ayew and Bennett of all people!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:30 pm

It finished 8-0 with Bennett scoring his second (both free kicks) Gestede aded a couple. We didn't concede! I know it was amateur opposition but it's a good training exercise.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:36 am

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/13/di-matteo-assesses-petrov?

This is a glowing report on our Stan, so why do I get the impression that the next paragraph from RDM will start with a big "BUT"?

I think that Stan should be offered a job with our Academy, where his character and experience would be inspirational to our young players. I love Stan to bits, but a role in our first team squad would allow sentiment to become a potential problem.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:36 pm

I know what you mean, VB, I'd love to see him play some kind of role at the club as he's such a tremendous influence but if it's to be a playing one it has to be based on more than sentimental reasons. And that's as much to do with him being 37 as it is his illness.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Is any one else as excited as me about the challenge of the coming season? As a lifelong Villa fan I can't remember feeling this kind of buzz.

If you're browsing and haven't yet got around to posting on The Claret and Blue Army, please do! It's going to be a really exciting white knuckle ride in the next few months, with so much to discuss .... and your opinion really matters. Pre season training discussion - Page 3 4288271622 Pre season training discussion - Page 3 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next