www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

+4
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Sandie
8 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Swans?

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 13% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap62%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:56 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If we win tomorrow will that mean that Sherwood's job is safe for now?

If we were being run by experienced football professionals then Tim's future would already have been decided, and three points tomorrow wouldn't change our CEO's plan.

Why do I get the feeling that AVFC is currently being run on an ad hoc basis, waiting for the next sign .... the next match .... the next media reaction?

That's my feeling, too. I think we all agree that Sherwood will get the bullet if we lose. But what happens if we win or draw? Does a win buy him another couple of games against Southampton and Spurs for the City and Everton games to become must win? That's not the way to run a football club. Fox has never been a CEO before (he was an COO, IIRC? So might not be versed in hiring and firing managers) and as we all know Lerner is to running sporting institutions what I am to the wonderful world of quantum physics so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Back to the game, with us being back to having a fully fit squad I wonder what tactical wonders we will see from Tim? N'Zogbia left back? Gabby starting again up front?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by South London Villan Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Bunn
Hutton - Okore - Richards - Amavi
Sanchez
Gil - Grealish
Gana
Traore - Guestede

Based upon my bias and lack of ability at FIFA 16
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Tim has a fully fit squad to choose from, so can't fail to pick the strongest line up, and he has promised us a win tomorrow.

On the basis of that, I'm guessing a 0 -0.

He talks a lot and delivers nothing, hence my prediction.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Id go this way

4-1-2-3

Bunn

Okore Richards Clark Amavi

Sanchez
Veretout Gana

Traore Grealish
Ayew
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:49 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:Tim has a fully fit squad to choose from, so can't fail to pick the strongest line up, and he has promised us a win tomorrow.

On the basis of that, I'm guessing a 0 -0.

He talks a lot and delivers nothing, hence my prediction.

Nail firmly on head sir......
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Swansea are a decent team with proven match winners. We on the other hand have some talented young players, but as yet no shape or idea about who our 'match winner' may be.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:08 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Id go this way

4-1-2-3

Bunn

Sanchez
     Veretout    Gana

Traore                 Grealish
             Ayew

Veretout over Gil? You know my thoughts on Veretout but I do think the way Swansea play this game might suit him. Okore instead of Hutton and Clark (to get his 5th Yellow and possibly a red with Swarbrick), I can go with that.

Shelvey will need controling, we struggle with players like him coming through the middle.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm not really convinced that Gil and Grealish work well in the same time, that said my team would be...

Guzan Embarassed

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Sanchez Gil Gana

Traore Gestede Grealish

If we had a better second choice than Bunn I'd drop Guzan but the way I see it we're left with two poor keepers.

I'd bet good money Sherwood will stick with Lescott and Guzan as well as throwing some kind of curveball in (Richardson, Gabby or N'Zogbia... Maybe all three)
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm

My team would be:

Guzan

Richards Okore Clark Amavi

Veretout Gana

Gil Traore Grealish

Ayew

I would have Gil and Grealish swapping flanks regularly, and Gestede and Agbonlahor primed as 70 minute impact subs, if we needed to go more direct.

Traore could do some damage playing in behind Ayew, as he could go by defenders with pace on both sides, with Ayew looking to get into the spaces left by panicking defenders.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:56 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:My team would be:

Guzan

Richards Okore Clark Amavi

Veretout Gana

Gil Traore Grealish

Ayew

I would have Gil and Grealish swapping flanks regularly, and Gestede and Agbonlahor primed as 70 minute impact subs, if we needed to go more direct.

Traore could do some damage playing in behind Ayew, as he could go by defenders with pace on both sides, with Ayew looking to get into the spaces left by panicking defenders.

I believe this is potentially our strongest team too but with Gil, Grealish and Traore different. I would go -
Troare Grealish Gil. To me this would be better balanced and I think Jack is better centrally.
If we wanted to strengthen midfield up too to maybe protect lead I would swap Gil for Sanchez.
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Pre-match Stats

• Aston Villa have won just one of their eight Premier League meetings with Swansea (D3 L4), losing each of the last three and failing to score in the last two.
  • Swansea City have collected just two points from their last five Premier League away games (D2 L3).
  • Tim Sherwood has lost 14 of his 22 Premier League games in charge of Aston Villa; Paul Lambert didn't lose his 14th game in charge of Villa in the competition until his 28th game.
  • The Villans have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League home games.
  • There have only been six goals scored from direct free-kicks in the Premier League so far this season and half of these have been netted against Swansea City (3).
  • Jonjo Shelvey has attempted the most shots (27 – incl. blocked) without scoring in the Premier League this season.
  • Bafetimbi Gomis has now failed to score in five successive Premier League appearances after scoring nine goals in his previous 10 games in the competition.
  • Swansea have seen their opponents reduced to 10 men on four occasions this season; more often than any other Premier League side.
  • No player has attempted more dribbles in the Premier League this season than Swansea's Jefferson Montero (62), while Villa's Jordan Amavi has attempted the second most (58).
  • Swansea are now winless in five Premier League games (D2 L3); they haven't gone six without a win in the competition since March 2014.

Some More Pre-match Stats
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:43 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:27 am

C'mon you Swans .... discuss!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 am

South London Villan wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Id go this way

4-1-2-3

Bunn

Sanchez
     Veretout    Gana

Traore                 Grealish
             Ayew

Veretout over Gil? You know my thoughts on Veretout but I do think the way Swansea play this game might suit him. Okore instead of Hutton and Clark (to get his 5th Yellow and possibly a red with Swarbrick), I can go with that.

Shelvey will need controling, we struggle with players like him coming through the middle.

I'm not convinced Gil and Grealish can play together, they both want to find the same pockets of space, it's an either or for me at EPL level. Okore in at RB (ideally CB, but I don't think Richards will be moved or possibly should be, we've had enough disruption)Okore has played there for Denmark and with the team I've gone for we don't need him bombing forward (we can do that with Amavi and have the other three defenders shuffle over to cover) Both FB's going forward is what's been part of our problems for me.

Anyway I don't think we have enough to win today (despite Tim promising we would, I don't believe much he says) and I think it will see him go (it certainly should do)

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:55 pm

After sherwood saying we will see the strongest team i will be happy to see richardson in!! got a feeling he will though.
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next