www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

+4
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Sandie
8 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What will happen against the Swans?

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 I_vote_lcap13%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 Empty 13% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 Empty 25% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 I_vote_lcap62%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 Empty 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:03 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
avfcff1982 wrote:Bad, but expected result, but the post game comments were shocking, the word narcissist springs to mind, and that is mighty dangerous for our club, common sense says he has to go NOW, problem is, Fox & Lerner who also do not have a clue.

I fear for our future.

He's totally just distanced himself from the club. Tim Sherwood will be alright, it's the club that's fucked. Cheers Tim. What happened too We will 100% not get relegated and we will win today. Narcissist is the right word. What a shit, I'd sack him for those comments alone.

I've not seen the comments yet (just been walking the dog) but will Tim Sherwood really be alright? Would any club be daft enough to give him another go? If his credibility isn't shot yet it never will be.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 7 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:16 pm

The Dead Man Walking speaks

On the result…

I don't think we deserved to lose the game.

But we haven't got anything from it. It's very disappointing.

On the ebb and flow of the match…

As soon as Micah Richards brought down Gylfi Sigurdsson, I knew he was going to put it in the net because I have seen him do it a million times.

Then for the last goal, we looked tired to be honest.

It looked like we were out on our feet when we were tracking back there.

It was too easy. To sidefoot the ball in, six yards out, under no pressure is not good enough.

On losing despite going one-up…

I believed we could go on and win it. It happens time and time again though.

It was three minutes. It's like we have to score to equalise.

Every time we score it's like an equaliser because we know they're going to score. It shouldn't be like that.

We have to have more devil in us.

It was a free-kick - and a well taken free-kick - and it's undone us.

I don't think the momentum swung. It was anyone's game after that.

It was to and fro without anyone being spectacular and dominating.

They managed to get the final goal. It could easily have been us.

On his unerring confidence…

We will stay in the Premier League.

We need to improve obviously.

On the need for a positive result soon…

We need the confidence that comes with a result. That can change anything.

That game was a toss of the coin match.

I could be sitting here - and Garry Monk could come in here after being very disappointed.

That's how close it was - and all of our games have been to be perfectly honest.

On the difficulty of playing at Villa Park…

It seems like it's a difficult place to play for the players. But I am not playing.

It's up to them to go out there and be brave and show what they can do.

They show a lot of quality on the training field. They have to start showing it here under pressurised situations.

I understand the anxiety because it's a big football club. But if you can't handle playing at a big football club you shouldn't be at one.

I try and pick players who I suggest can handle the pressure. That's how I am selecting my teams at the moment.

On his thinking for Southampton team-wise…

There were a few sore legs out there.

Micah Richards was struggling. It was Gabby Agbonlahor's first game back.

We will mix it up. We will have a look and see a few of our other new players - and see how they perform on the big stage.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:42 pm

This from the beeb with video too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34628818
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:35 pm

GadgetMan wrote:This from the beeb with video too.

What an absolute prick. I wanted him gone as he isn't a premiership quality manager now you can add to that because he's an asshole.
Blaming the squad & taking no accountability for him self?? The guys a clown & the only thing that slightly cheers me up is that he'll never manage in this league again.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:40 am

gdav wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:This from the beeb with video too.

What an absolute prick. I wanted him gone as he isn't a premiership quality manager now you can add to that because he's an asshole.
Blaming the squad & taking no accountability for him self?? The guys a clown & the only thing that slightly cheers me up is that he'll never manage in this league again.
Sherwood is actually being quite clever with his recent press conferences. He's totally disassociated himself from any problems at Villa, he mentions the club being "in a hole" and "in a mess", he says that the players aren't good enough and he's making it clear that there is nothing he can personally do to put right "Villa's" self inflicted problems.

What he's doing by making his current comments is making sure that the club dismiss him asap and pay him a huge amount of compensation, while at the same time positioning himself as a victim of continual club mismanagement. His mates in the media will keep his reputation intact.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 am

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/aston-villa/story/2683394/aston-villa-and-swansea-could-face-fa-action-after-brawl

Swansea manager Garry Monk said "pretty much everyone" was involved in the tunnel brawl that broke out at the end of his side's 2-1 win at Aston Villa on Saturday.

Stewards went to the Villa Park tunnel to restore calm after bad feeling ignited by a first-half clash between Villa defender Micah Richards and Swansea counterpart Federico Fernandez reignited after the final whistle.

Both Villa and Swansea must wait to discover whether the Football Association will charge them over the postmatch disturbance, with officials waiting to see referee Neil Swarbrick's report on Monday before deciding whether to take action.

Swansea's win left Villa at the foot of the Premier League table and cost Villa manager Tim Sherwood his job.

And Monk told Wales online: "Obviously when you lose the game, emotions are running high. I think it was more to do with that rather than anything that happened individually.

"Whether it was Fede I don't know. I went into the changing room, and when I came out it was pretty much everyone [involved].

"I couldn't really see, so I don't know what was happening."

A bit like how Sherwood talked a good game, his players are showing more fight off the pitch than on...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Richards charged with improper conduct. Could get 1 game ban. Just what we need!
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Richards has been a rock for us so far so it will be a shame.

Luckily both Clark and Okore are coming back just now so we have a couple who can fill in. Might even allow one of them to audition to replace Lescott in the team.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7