www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

+4
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Sandie
8 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Swans?

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 13% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap62%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 pm

South London Villan wrote:things won't improve until Tim can select this man................

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/22/report-aston-villa-re-open-talks-with-emmanuel-adebayor/

If Adebayor is the answer, then I don't want to hear the question.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by South London Villan Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:19 pm

South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:41 pm

As match day gets closer, I always start subscribing to the law of probability that we have to win at home at some point and this week will be that week, however my half full outlook on life is seriously being tested.

i await with growing anticipation as to what changes will be made to the starting line up, I fully expect to see at least one of N'Zogbia, Senderos, Richardson to start.

South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:48 pm

I like the look of a lot of our players, until they are thrown in a pot and stirred about by Sherwood. The resulting mess is never pretty.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Just as you think things can't get any worse, we get Swarprick as ref.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Chris Harte wrote:
Just as you think things can't get any worse, we get Swarprick as ref.
Hutton has said we need to win ugly .... gulp!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Aye, I've got a funny feeling he'll pick N'Zogbia. Think Senderos is not in the 25 man squad but to be honest he was never that bad for us, just had a long term injury then dropped off the face of the earth.

I'd really not be surprised to see us win. Swansea are way out of form and I'm not sure even we can keep losing games (though the same can be said for Swansea). Not sure if a more-through-luck-than-judgement win that extends Sherwood's stay would be in our benefit in the long run.

That was as bad a refereeing performance as I can remember.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:00 am

If we win tomorrow will that mean that Sherwood's job is safe for now?

If we were being run by experienced football professionals then Tim's future would already have been decided, and three points tomorrow wouldn't change our CEO's plan.

Why do I get the feeling that AVFC is currently being run on an ad hoc basis, waiting for the next sign .... the next match .... the next media reaction?

I hope Lerner/Fox have a plan and a firm course of action already decided, but on the basis of previous experience I doubt it.

This makes tomorrow's result against Swansea even more of a lottery for Villa.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:29 pm

We have no injury problems so TS has a full squad of players to choose from. We have enough talented players to beat a Swansea team that has wobbled recently, so no excuses tomorrow Tim. It's win or fall on your sword time tomorrow.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:55 pm

danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:26 pm

It's an unequivocal statement of intent. There is no alternative to three points now for TS.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
It's an unequivocal statement of intent. There is no alternative to three points now for TS.
Exactly and admitting he has a fully fit squad. No excuses now. 3 points a must.
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:42 pm

danclare82 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Exactly and admitting he has a fully fit squad. No excuses now. 3 points a must.
I think the message we're getting is that he's finally been told "win or else". If that wasn't the case he wouldn't have willingly put his neck on the block.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:07 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
I think the message we're getting is that he's finally been told "win or else". If that wasn't the case he wouldn't have willingly put his neck on the block.
Do you think he has? So if we draw or loose do u think he will be gone?
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:26 pm

danclare82 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Do you think he has? So if we draw or loose do u think he will be gone?
Fox must have a back up plan by now, if not he deserves to be fired. It would be inexcusable to lose to Swansea tomorrow and then continue with an irrepairably damaged manager.

We were lucky to beat Bournemouth in our first game of the season as over 90 minutes they comprehensively outplayed us. If we lose tomorrow that would remain our only win in ten league matches. Totally unacceptable and indefensible!

I know Fox is a marketing man rather than a football man, but even he must realise that he can't continue to sell this product.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next