www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

+4
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Sandie
8 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Swans?

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM I_vote_lcap13%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM Empty 13% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM Empty 25% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM I_vote_lcap62%Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM Empty 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM Empty Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:40 pm

This is one of those 'winnable' games, isn't it? It's also the second of the supposed two games our manager has to save his job. Both of these factors make this a crucial game for Tim Sherwood's Aston Villa. The phoney war is over, Tim has got ex-teammates and friendly journalists out to bat for him but if he losses this one, even if the two games story was the creation of media speculation rather than hard fact, his position will surely become untenable.

Swansea are Swansea, a well run club (in stark contrast with AVFC) who have a few decent players, an attractive style of play and are sure to finish somewhere in midtable above us come May. They're currently in 13th place in the embryonic premiership table but later on today they have a match against Stoke that might allow them to climb further up the table (or if Stoke win make our position even more perilous). They're not going to be an easy game. Isn't it sad that the work of Sherwood and the inept stewardship of Lerner mean we find ourselves looking at how a club like Swansea are ran with envy and (no disrespect to them) fail to feel confident of win?

So what are our predictions for this?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:43 am

Like a numpty I forgot to post my own prediction.

Anyway, Swansea lost to Stoke tonight and they're now winless in six so it might be a good time to play them.

With that in mind, I'm predicting a 3-0 defeat and a baffling selection from Sherwood.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM Empty Re: Aston Villa V Swansea : Saturday 24th October at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 am

A win against Swansea would be three very valuable points .... it would also extend Sherwood's tenure .... I don't know which result to wish for. Sod it, Sherwood has to go for the sake of the club, so I'll say 2-1 to Swansea.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:01 am

Got a feeling we'll somehow snatch a 1-1 draw, I'm hoping this won't be enough to keep Sherwood in his job. So best of both worlds. A point and TS gone. I fear a win will buy him a few more weeks (like you VB)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:A win against Swansea would be three very valuable points .... it would also extend Sherwood's tenure .... I don't know which result to wish for. Sod it, Sherwood has to go for the sake of the club, so I'll say 2-1 to Swansea.  

It's quite a dilemma, isn't it? I'm starting to think Sherwood will be gone soon regardless.

I'd like to see Lescott dropped for this one, he's costing us even more badly than Clark was before him.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am

Is anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate on the next Villa game? Football has almost become peripheral to the massive off the pitch problems that are tearing Aston Villa apart. We are a rudderless ship heading for the rocks, and yet all that's happening is that the decks are being regularly swabbed and the brass is being polished for effect.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:53 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Is anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate on the next Villa game? Football has almost become peripheral to the massive off the pitch problems that are tearing Aston Villa apart. We are a rudderless ship heading for the rocks, and yet all that's happening is that the decks are being regularly swabbed and the brass is being polished for effect.

Yes the football is now merely a sideshow and the constant crap we're fed via the press being the main, sad, desperate attraction. Yet still Villa stay silent........it's deafening!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:13 pm

This is the sixth season of frustration for Villa fans, and the well of long sufferance has finally run dry.

This is the season when things have to be sorted, and the time to do it is now.

Lerner had the opportunity to sell (in my opinion) even if the deal wasn't exactly to his liking. It appears to me that he was persuaded by Fox that he should hang on to Villa and take advantage of the massive revenue increase from next season.

It's clear that this isn't a plan as such, rather it's a reaction to changing circumstances. Each time Lerner has said anything, his words have turned out to be nothing more than hot air.

Plan A, Plan B, new Chairman etc. etc.

My patience is exhausted with this weak and wobbly excuse for a business man. For once in his life he needs to act decisively regardless of the financial cost to his own tightly sealed wallet. The alternative is unthinkable.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:08 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Is anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate on the next Villa game? Football has almost become peripheral to the massive off the pitch problems that are tearing Aston Villa apart. We are a rudderless ship heading for the rocks, and yet all that's happening is that the decks are being regularly swabbed and the brass is being polished for effect.

Yes the football is now merely a sideshow and the constant crap we're fed via the press being the main, sad, desperate attraction. Yet still Villa stay silent........it's deafening!!

I agree. The off-the-pitch stuff is probably a lot more interesting than watching what is a witless and inept Villa side too, sad as it seems.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Sherwood to stick with Guzan

Tim Sherwood is poised to stick with beleaguered goalkeeper Brad Guzan as he prepares for this Saturday’s crucial game against Swansea.

Sherwood, the Aston Villa manager, has been weighing up the prospect of dropping Guzan after the American’s blunder in the 2-0 defeat at Chelsea last Saturday.

Guzan produced a costly mistake for Chelsea’s first goal last weekend to send Villa on their way to a seventh defeat in nine Premier League games and leave Sherwood fighting for his future.

Sherwood is under increasing pressure and facing a potentially pivotal game against Swansea as he bids to show the Villa hierarchy he can mastermind a revival. Another defeat may prove fatal for the 46-year-old and Villa could even find themselves bottom of the table after this weekend’s games.

Guzan’s form this season has proven another huge problem and Sherwood will assess the 31-year-old’s state of mind in the next 48 hours before making a decision.

Shay Given was offloaded to Stoke in July and Villa have only Mark Bunn, signed on a free transfer from Norwich City, as competition.

Bunn has not started a league game since May 2013 so Sherwood is considering keeping the faith with Guzan for a game that could have severe ramifications for his position.

Sherwood has admitted he will not seek assurances over his future and told his players to stand up against the pressure.

He said: “We can’t feel sorry for ourselves. It’s about dusting ourselves down and moving onto the next game against Swansea this weekend.

“Obviously not winning games doesn’t breed a lot of confidence. We go into the game with plenty of desire and determination, but we do need to get that extra confidence boost which three points bring.”

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:27 am

[/quote]
Well let's face it. When you let the likes of Shay Given (the only of our players to emerge from that shambolic cup final display with any credit) leave and you don't replace him with an experienced, good quality keeper then this is the situation you are left with. A Keeper who doesn't fear for his place in the team despite the fact that he's less than solid and apparently getting worse.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:54 am

Chris Harte wrote:

Well let's face it. When you let the likes of Shay Given (the only of our players to emerge from that shambolic cup final display with any credit) leave and you don't replace him with an experienced, good quality keeper then this is the situation you are left with. A Keeper who doesn't fear for his place in the team despite the fact that he's less than solid and apparently getting worse.[/quote]

Well said Chris, I concur.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 am

Another day nearer. Anyone feeling more confident?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:18 pm

things won't improve until Tim can select this man................

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/22/report-aston-villa-re-open-talks-with-emmanuel-adebayor/

South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Surprised we're still supposedly chasing players with the question marks over Tim's future.

Chris Harte wrote:

Well let's face it. When you let the likes of Shay Given (the only of our players to emerge from that shambolic cup final display with any credit) leave and you don't replace him with an experienced, good quality keeper then this is the situation you are left with. A Keeper who doesn't fear for his place in the team despite the fact that he's less than solid and apparently getting worse.

Agree too Chris. To be honest, I'd be giving Steer a chance but we've loaned him out to Huddersfield. Both times I've seen Steer play he's looked decent and he's getting decent reviews in West Yorkshire.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next