www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What will happen against Fulham?

Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 Empty 33% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap67%Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 Empty 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:32 pm

We haven't got the basics right for years.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00

Post by Chris Harte Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 pm

I felt we deserved the win, but then needed a little fortune to get it.

Their keeper was at fault to give us the scoring chance, but alot had to go right for Kodija to take it. Needless to say it was a cracking finish, reminiscent of Tony Daley's versus Everton in a 2-0 win in the late 1980s (this has been pointed out on social media). Obviously, if he keeps up this form we'll A) all be very happy, and b) be telling the PL clubs where to go.

Jordan Ayew, on the otherhand, is frustrating me. For every one thing he does right, there's a minimum of five that he gets wrong. A missed chance shortly after we'd gone ahead, a corner that hits the first defender on the shins, others that I don't instantly recall now. I think if he could be less greedy that would go someway to lessening the frustration.

Meanwhile Albert Adomah has impressed me recently. For me, he was our best player versus Wolves and again looked full of energy once he'd appeared yesterday. I'm told he had a great game at Reading in midweek too.

And so onto Birmingham City The Shower of Shit next week. Keeping my feet on the ground I'd be happy with a point. That said, if we do win that won't only be three wins on the spin for the first time in a long long time, but they'll all have been achieved without Jack Grealish anywhere near the squad. This would make Grealish's selection in future difficult to justify.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:07 pm

That's a decent summing up of where we're at right now Chris. Aston Villa V Fulham: Saturday 22nd October 15:00  - Page 3 4288271622

I think Ayew is a threat, but he needs to be more focussed on team play. Adomah is looking like our first proper wide man since Young and Downing. I also think Grealish will have to be patient, and when he get's his chance he needs to roll both his socks and sleeves up and put in a shift. We can't play McCormack and Grealish at the same time.

Kodjia is looking as though he could be priceless.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:27 pm

I've said it before and I'm saying it again but RDM made a mistake bringing Grealish back straight after his club suspension. Before that, we had got a fighting point against Newcastle and Ayew had performed well there in the left wing position given straight back to Grealish.

Now, we've found a new way of playing that works but I'm not sure where Grealish can fit into that and whose place he deserves to take. Kodjia, Gestede and Ayew started on Saturday and Albert Adomah is making a strong case for inclusion. There's McCormack too. In midfield, there are three industrious players that are doing a job asked of them that Grealish can't do. He will need to bide his time and work hard.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Can't argue with any of the comments above.

Bruce has had selection for the centre backs made for him and Baker & Chester have done well. Amavi had his best game for a while.

I still think the midfield may get over run by better teams but on Saturday they performed well, worked hard and limited their chances. There are still a few niggling mistakes that give away possession but 2 wins & 1 draw from the last 3, what do I know.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Fulham look to be about where we were at when Lambert decided to change to tippy tappy possession football. Loads of sideways and backward balls with no goal scoring outlet.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3