www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen on Tuesday?

Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap75%Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm

I've just watched Garde talking on Sky TV, and he was far less vocal about needing new (better) players. He said a couple of times that we need to find the answer from within. That any improvement apparently has to be found from our own current resources.

Has he heard back from Tom Fox after yesterday's meeting? Is this downbeat and insular message the result of that?

Or am I reading too much into the interview?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Could be that Lerner no longer wants to back him with funds due to our position? Could be that he's already approached players and been knocked back as no one wants to join us in our position? Or maybe he's playing a clever game?

If it's either of the first two, I'm going to be worried about how much longer he's going to want to stay.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:44 pm

You could be right VB, however he strikes me as pretty direct and would've said if he wasn't able to strengthen (I believe) I listened and took from it we need to focus on ourselves as a group and a club and not worry about external pressures or opinions of others. I was cooking dinner at the time too, so I may of totally got the wrong end of the stick. I just think he's the type of guy to say it as it is "I have to work with what I have as I can't bring in anyone"

I don't know, nothing surprises me with our club anymore....

We have a tough game tonight, one I don't see us getting much out of, I'd take that as a positive though, as I've been saying we'd win or draw for ages Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Aston Vill V Crystal Palace: Tuesday 12th January at 7:45PM - Page 2 Cyimtw10
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:48 pm

I think a 2-1 defeat in my head, but I'll always back usd in my heart, 2-1 the other way. Come on you Lions, let's start to ROAR!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Sandie wrote:Could be that Lerner no longer wants to back him with funds due to our position? Could be that he's already approached players and been knocked back as no one wants to join us in our position? Or maybe he's playing a clever game?

If it's either of the first two, I'm going to be worried about how much longer he's going to want to stay.
I must admit that I had to rewind and have another listen. It raised the short hairs on the back of my neck. If it's the first one of your options Sandie then Remi will definitely need to consider how this will affect his own CV and he may act on that basis.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:51 pm

Really Glad Bunn has kept his place, deserves it. Also really pleased for Libor, pleased with that team given who we can pick from. Wonder why he's all of a sudden given him a go? Perhaps your interpretation of Garde's interview is correct VB? If so I don't expect Garde to stick around. Could of course purely be fitness levels and Kozak upping his performance levels in training.

Time will tell...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:54 pm

I really like the look of that team, guess Richards is really feeling his injury so getting a rest. Great to see Kozak getting a start, has he forced his way in?

As for Guzan, I'd wonder whether he got dropped after what happened at the weekend but Lescott is back in so guess that Bunn just forced his way in.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:56 pm

It's interesting that injuries and idiocy make it accidentally easier to pick a decent team.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Why do I suddenly think we'll win now I've seen the selection?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:36 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's interesting that injuries and idiocy make it accidentally easier to pick a decent team.

Libor is the only real major change. You could argue many have been wanting Guzan dropped for a while and the FA Cup gave Bunn his chance. Kozak is the only real sudden U Turn, he's basically gone from not been wanted to given a go. I think it's to do with Gabby wanting out and villa wanting him gone too and the continuing lack of form from Gestede and Co. Interesting to see how he does with Ayew. Watch for Gil to disappear around the 55/60 min mark. Can't last 90 mins at this level.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Looking like a sparse crowd.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Both Lescott and Guzan audibly booed when names announced....

Just as type Palace hit the post. Gulp
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Sandie wrote:Looking like a sparse crowd.

Could be sub 30k really sparse!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:54 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Both Lescott and Guzan audibly booed when names announced....

Rightly so for me.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next