www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off

+6
Kimbo
GadgetMan
South London Villan
villabromsgrove
Liberty
Jim Villan
10 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

What will happen against Liverpool?

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 I_vote_lcap29%Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 Empty 29% 
[ 2 ]
Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 I_vote_lcap57%Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 Empty 57% 
[ 4 ]
Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 I_vote_lcap14%Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 Empty 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by Sandie Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Yes. I agree that they have some really good players like Shaqiri and Afellay but, they're only just above us in the league, have won as many games as we have (against the same team as we have) and they're coming to our ground. For whatever reason the players they've got in aren't yet propelling them up the table just like Sherwood's 'work-in-progress' is leaving us at the wrong end of the table. If you think of all the games where it might be argued Sherwood's tactics have lost us the game if we'd not thrown even one of those away we'd be above Stoke.

We have talented players too, we took apart Leicester (frankly a far better, more in-form side than Stoke) away in the first half. Play like that and avoid strange substitutions and we can beat them.

Frankly, if we can't beat the team in 17th place, at home, then we might as well give up. Even if you might argue Stoke are out of position.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Sandie wrote:Yes. I agree that they have some really good players like Shaqiri and Afellay but, they're only just above us in the league, have won as many games as we have (against the same team as we have) and they're coming to our ground. For whatever reason the players they've got in aren't yet propelling them up the table just like Sherwood's 'work-in-progress' is leaving us at the wrong end of the table. If you think of all the games where it might be argued Sherwood's tactics have lost us the game if we'd not thrown even one of those away we'd be above Stoke.

We have talented players too, we took apart Leicester (frankly a far better, more in-form side than Stoke) away in the first half. Play like that and avoid strange substitutions and we can beat them.

Frankly, if we can't beat the team in 17th place, at home, then we might as well give up. Even if you might argue Stoke are out of position.
I hope you're right, but I do think they are out of their proper position by a distance. I hope they have one more bad week before they click.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8