www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off

+6
Kimbo
GadgetMan
South London Villan
villabromsgrove
Liberty
Jim Villan
10 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What will happen against Liverpool?

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 Empty 29% 
[ 2 ]
Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap57%Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 Empty 57% 
[ 4 ]
Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 Empty 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by South London Villan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Good from Grealish, looks like 5 in midfield now and still they get a shot away.
We aren't tight enough on them.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off  - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool V Aston Villa... Sat Sep 26th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Sherwood has picked our usual losing formation. We need a big slice of luck now.

What I don't get is that how a team that plays three defensive midfielders can defend so poorly and concede so many poor goals. It should be at the other end of the pitch we have problems.
I think it's because they tend to be fairly static and they get in each other's way.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:12 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm going to say something I shouldn't say .... With this team selection we need to lose this match! If we luck a win then this three man defensive midfield will continue to cause us real damage over the next few months.

It hasn't worked all season, VB, it won't work today and if all three of them stay fit Sherwood will keep using it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Mr Gung Ho Is actually proving himself to be a fraud. 3 DM's isn't 'Gung ho' it's stupid nativity.

If you truly do want to set up to win every game, pick a proper balanced side and bloody attack (not contain and then fail to do it) lambert logic.

He'll no doubt say we set up to frustrate Liverpool and then open up second half. He already got his excuses in midweek where he reverted from his usual "the fans have paid good money and want to be entertained and we'll do that" with "sometimes you need to do what's needed and it's not pretty" which of course is true, however it shows him to be a blagger, who came in promising the world (as did Lambert) and now the fear of losing has exposed the real Sherwood. This 3 DM set up is really pissing me off, as is Mr Sherwood and his cheeky cockney persona.

Strip that back, what have you got? Probably harsh, been building for a few weeks that.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:19 pm

We're comparing him to Lambert but I think it took longer for Lambert to be found out.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:25 pm

For all the talk about Lescott being the man to steady our defence we look just as sloppy and shaky with him in as we did Clark. Think the problem may be as much coaching as it is personnel.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Big miss from Rudy, you need to be more clinical at this level.

Again lose posession too easily.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

You set up with 7 defensive players and low and behold their instinct is to sit deep and defend, thus creating problems for ourself. Will Tim Change it? He should have already.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:32 pm

The way Liverpool are commanding the midfield is pissing me off!
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm sorry but where the f**k has sherwood balls gone he's lambert mark 2. no width 3 players occupying 1 position in the middle. When we get the ball we've got three defensive holding players so deep that grealish and gestede are totally isolated Ridiculous. Sherwood get your balls back, or get out!

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Stoke 1-0 Bournemouth

As things stand we drop into the bottom 3.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I'm sorry but where the f**k has sherwood balls gone he's lambert mark 2. no width 3 players occupying 1 position in the middle. When we get the ball boxes we've got three defensive holding players grealish and gestated are totally isolated Ridiculous. Sherwood get your balls back or get out!

Aye. I think Tim wants to play what he sees as the best individuals rather than decide upon the best team and have a cogent and functional game plan.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:36 pm

The wife is dragging me out to costco, I'm gone.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Sandie wrote:We're comparing him to Lambert but I think it took longer for Lambert to be found out.

Many were so desperate for Lambert (I wasn't) after Houllier and then Mcleish that they had rose tinted specs and then were that entrenched in their defence of him they stool with him way way way too long. The problem Sherwood will have is the usual crowd like me who are quick to detach emotion and attachment and see things for what they are, will be joined in the "we've been conned before and not allowing it to happen again" group in not allowing him any massive grace period. They'll be calls for his head long before Xmas at this rate.

I keep saying I'll back him (or not) end of October/early November after the team has bedded, however he's not helping his cause by playing the wrong system and making the wrong changes at the wrong time and not learning from his errors. We all know three DM's give us little, so why does he persist with it?! Another limp performance. Liverpool haven't been great. We've just allowed them to play by sitting so deep and inviting them onto us. Compare this to palace and Leicester and it's a world apart. They're too teams that aim to REALLY go out there and beat teams. Not this fake BS
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Several replays showed we had all three DM's behind the ball, along with 2 CB's for their goal and we still failed to close them down.

In this kind of halves (much like against Blues) I don't see any difference in a Lambert side and a Sherwood side. Let's hope he can get Traore on and a little more creativity, urgency and commitment to attack.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next