www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

+3
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
7 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Euphoria or Misery?

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap40%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 am

I don't think Villa have a good enough defence to play defensively .... does that make sense?

So, with Players like Gestede, Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Traore, Vertout, Gana and Amavi at our disposal we have to go out and out score the opposition.

I know football is never that simple, but if we play fearless attacking football we at least give ourselves the chance of winning as many games as we lose. That will give us the points to survive (again) until we can sort out our woeful defence.

If we continue to try and stay in games by playing negatively, the outcome will be sadly inevitable.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:37 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I don't think Villa have a good enough defence to play defensively .... does that make sense?

So, with Players like Gestede, Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Traore, Vertout, Gana and Amavi at our disposal we have to go out and out score the opposition.

I know football is never that simple, but if we play fearless attacking football we at least give ourselves the chance of winning as many games as we lose. That will give us the points to survive (again) until we can sort out our woeful defence.

If we continue to try and stay in games by playing negatively, the outcome will be sadly inevitable.

Makes complete sense VB. We need to try and play like the palace's and Leicester's of this league and not be scared to lose, as was too often the case under PL and more and more evident with TS. So yes we're not set up to contain and restrict. Let's go out there and attack, pressurise, close down, harass the opposition and play, fast paced attacking football. It's what TS preached himself when he came. He needs to get back to basics and go out 'slinging a few of our own punches' to quote the man himself from last season.

This spoil, contain tactic has produced sod all, so we may as well go and play with freedom and just attack. Especially at home to Stoke. Lose and it get'a ugly for TS. Win and we go into the break with a renewed sense of optimism.The margins are that fine.

Come on Tim, you talk a good game, time to show us. Whatever is making you go with 3 DM's and this scrappy contain approach (Wilkins? Your own fear of losing, whatever) Scrap it and let's have 50% win ratio Tim back please!! UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:56 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I don't think Villa have a good enough defence to play defensively .... does that make sense?

Completely agree. We play defensively and we make too many errors or cede initiative too often.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Think Ilori is starting today....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Cqzpkq10

Crespo in midfield?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Take it back, it's Crespo! Pick through this and it looks like he's playing him as a DM?

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 3 Image12
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Just Beat me to it Sandie haha! Looks like Crespo as a DM? Unless he's planning on playing a 3-5-2/5-3-2 with Crespo as a CB?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 pm

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 pm

We had better win his one or Sherwood will have some explaining to do .... are we potentially starting out with nine defensive players, including four defensive central midfielders? Grealish, Gil and Ayew on the bench against the mighty Stoke .... Holy sh*t!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Ignore that as it has Crespo as a right sided forward and then on their Twitter feed it has him as a RM??

What I do know is we've picked a team with 3 RB's and VERY defensive. FFS!! That's a Mcleish line up!! What on earth is he doing?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:15 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We had better win his one or Sherwood will have some explaining to do .... are we potentially starting out with nine defensive players, including four defensive central midfielders? Grealish, Gil and Ayew on the bench against the mighty Stoke .... Holy sh*t!

Desperate stuff VB. lose this and I think I may well just lose my faith.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Tim did say he was racking his brains on tactics and selection and this must be the fruits of his thoughts. Be interesting to see how this works out. Expect Crespo will be playing wide right. We've seen very little of him, he might be effective there. If we lose this questions will be asked.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Only defence to this line up for me is a win. Nothing else is acceptable. Crespo played across the back four all of last season, so to shove him in anywhere else is madness (it would seem) if we're going with 3 CB's then that system would surely suit Bacuna better and yet he goes with Hutton.

Smacks of desperate measures, a man under severe pressure and losing it. I heard a rumour, I repeat RUMOUR! that I laughed off. It went. "I've been told If Tim loses today, he's out" That team screams, DO NOT LOSE.

Hugely disappointed with Tim, never thought we'd see 8 defensive players picked at home to Stoke under him. I'm afraid, no win and he can bugger off for me.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm scratching my head at that line up, and just.......hoping.....for the best.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Only defence to this line up for me is a win. Nothing else is acceptable. Crespo played across the back four all of last season, so to shove him in anywhere else is madness (it would seem) if we're going with 3 CB's then that system would surely suit Bacuna better and yet he goes with Hutton.

It's either something so strange that it will work or a bizarre move from a man who's trying to prove he's cleverer than he actually is.

With all the excitement over Crespo it's been missed that Veretout has come in. That might be a positive move.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next