www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

+3
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
7 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Euphoria or Misery?

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap40%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Sandie wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Only defence to this line up for me is a win. Nothing else is acceptable. Crespo played across the back four all of last season, so to shove him in anywhere else is madness (it would seem) if we're going with 3 CB's then that system would surely suit Bacuna better and yet he goes with Hutton.

It's either something so strange that it will work or a bizarre move from a man who's trying to prove he's cleverer than he actually is.

With all the excitement over Crespo it's been missed that Veretout has come in. That might be a positive move.

Let's see how they line up. Apparently the ground is already flat at the team news. Way to pump them up Tim!! My annoyance is that he promised better than this, something different (as did Lambert when he came in) All his talk is cheap. As I said, his only defence for 8 defensive players at home to Stoke is a win. Nothing else will explain this and justify it for me. He's lost his balls a lot quicker than Eck or Lambert. Let's see!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 pm

That team was picked by a frightened man. If by some miracle we fluke a win today, then football's gone mad!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:00 pm

GadgetMan wrote:As I said, his only defence for 8 defensive players at home to Stoke is a win. Nothing else will explain this and justify it for me. He's lost his balls a lot quicker than Eck or Lambert. Let's see!!

Absolutely. I'm trying to clutch at some straws so that I don't get too disheartened!

COME ON YOU LIONS!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:08 pm

So we got 5 at the back and introduce wing backs and he picks Hutton over Bacuna as a WB?! Idiot.

Stoke nearly score there. I'm very negative today so apologies all. Furious at this team at home. A tiny part of me thinks we deserve to lose this for Tims stupidity. I'll keep that tiny part of me at bay and hope we pull of a miracle. Just not the way to fire up a despondent crowd and quite frankly not what he's promised. I feel cheated. Lambert come in promising attacking football and Lied. Feel like Tim has done the same.

We're just allowing Stoke to push onto our 3 CB's he's just dropped one DM and gone deeper with an extra CB. The mind boggles!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Sunderland 1-0 West Ham Shocked Embarassed
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Okay I've taken a deep breath. A positive - He's at least tried to change something that clearly wasn't working. I don't like to, but at least it's a change to try and get a return to winning ways!!

There you go ha! Come on Villa
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Lets just hope it works!

We NEED three points today, without them things might get very grim indeed. Sunderland getting a goal ahead in their match proves that we simply cannot rely on other teams staying shit without getting our own shit together. Especially when we are already in the bottom three.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Man City 0-1 Newcastle.

Sad
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Sandie wrote:Man City 0-1 Newcastle.

Sad

Effectively joint bottom as it stands! Stoke look by far the better side too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Sunderland 2-0.

Things certainly aren't going our way. Words cannot express just how much we need to get a win today, now.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Hit and hope. Long ball or Hoofball as it was called under Lambert. Dreadful. He lost me from the start. The damage was done here before KO for me. It set the tone of the game.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Lucky escape there. Ball in the net, ruled offside. Stoke are playing like the home side.

I can't support this kind of approach. I criticised Eck and Lambert for selections and tactics like this. I'd be a hypocrite to say it's ok now under Tim. Lose this today and he's lost my support after his selection today. Not good enough!)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Stoke just had one chalked off.

What odds that we'll see Gil or Grealish come on at half time then get some post-match guff that it was the plan to frustrate them in the first half (when the only people Tim's tactics frustrate is us poor sods).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Says it ALL

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 4 Image13
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Outplayed by Stoke at our own ground in a match we desperately need to win. Fuck me sideways.

One small crumb of comfort is that both West Ham and City have got a goal back so it's looking a bit less grim. Sadly, Tim is a man with shrivelled testes and no clue and honestly it's getting to the point that I'd swap him for the manager of any other club in the league.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next