www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

+3
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
7 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Euphoria or Misery?

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 I_vote_lcap40%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Sandie wrote:
avfcff1982 wrote:Sherwood is pinning all his hopes on Gestede, so why set the side up with 5 defenders, 2 holding midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder, who spent most of the game having to help out in defence, and Gestede with no supply, not forgotten Sinclair, but he wasn't in there to cross to the striker, but support him, but how? there was no creativity in the side, Veretout tried but was alone.

The manager has to forget that system, play Ayew up front, he's looking settled and will cause big problems for the opposition, use Grealish alongside and just behind him, Veretout, Gil, Adama or Sanchez as the forward thinking midfielders, and Gana in front of the back 4.

There has to be attacking intention in every starting line up, Sherwood has tried, and failed with his tactics of fear, no idea why he can't see that.

Wholeheartedly agree. Tim talks about racking his brains to find our best formation and team, he hasn't tried the kind of team you suggest and yet every time I look on a forum or Facebook group someone suggests this kind of team. Where's the difficulty here? He seems to be paralysed by the fear of the opposition. McLeish and Lambert could be like that but not even they managed to do that at home to a struggling side like Stoke. We don't have the players or the fitness to defend and chase down the opposition. We rely on crosses yet our only effective width is from overworked fullbacks.

Our entire gameplan relies upon one man and he's a striker who's just embarking upon his first top flight season and his one skill is aerial prowess. He's no Christian Benteke, yet Tim goes on about how we have to keep getting crosses into Gestede. Just scroll up the thread to his post match comments "We need to find ways to get crosses into the box to Rudy more than we have done", "We didn't get the balls out to Hutton and Amavi no way near enough." and so on. I'm not knocking Rudy, he's alright but limited and he's not even played 10 Premier League games. Why is he our key man? It's all just so frustrating.

Two great posts there lads. I've screen grabbed them and popped them on Twitter as an example of the articulate discussion on here. Cheers Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 4288271622
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM. - Page 7 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Stoke City : Saturday October 3rd at 3PM.

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:42 pm

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:53 pm

I've had time to reflect on the game now. To be honest, if that's as good as a Sherwood team can get in a home game against Stoke then it's time to call his taxi.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I've had time to reflect on the game now. To be honest, if that's as good as a Sherwood team can get in a home game against Stoke then it's time to call his taxi.

I think that's a very considered and fair comment and one I concur with. Well said.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:01 am

I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people willing to pay the fare.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Even though I am fuming about Saturday and god knows I like many others when presented with that team selection thought wtf??? I still maintain the belief to judge someone after 10 games! its all well & good saying get rid but who are you going to bring in?and at the moment, who would want to come?

My biggest gripe is that Tim picks a team that mimics the opposition and worrying what they can do to us instead of playing to our strengths and letting them worry about us!

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Liberty wrote:Even though I am fuming about Saturday and god knows I like many others when presented with that team selection thought wtf??? I still maintain the belief to judge someone after 10 games! its all well & good saying get rid but who are you going to bring in?and at the moment, who would want to come?

My biggest gripe is that Tim picks a team that mimics the opposition and worrying what they can do to us instead of playing to our strengths and letting them worry about us!
If you look at the situation logically Liberty, our next two games are against Chelsea and Swansea, followed by a Cup match against Southampton four days later.

How much is Tim going to learn in those nineteen days? (which puts us at your figure of ten games) Remember, he hasn't said he's waiting for key injuries to heal, he's just said the players are not fit enough (in October) to play his kind of football, while immediately admitting that he currently doesn't have a clue what his football is or will be. He's waiting for a flukey win so that he can play that team for the next few matches.

That doesn't sound like much of a plan to me. The next nineteen days could be put to much better use by bringing in an experienced manager to begin sorting out the mess that Tim has got himself and us into.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:28 pm

"He's waiting for a flukey win so that he can play that team for the next few matches."

Nailed it. Sadly for him, his best chance for that and to buy himself some time was the Stoke game.

I'm not completely against the idea of him getting a couple more games, though, in fact I've pretty much accepted he's going to get more time than even that. I'm not sure how much he will be able to prove with it, though, such is the extent to which I've lost confidence.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:29 pm

I've been banging on recently, about giving Sherwood more time to sort things out, but, I'm now slipping into the realms of hoping he will be extricated from Villa Park, mainly due to his strange way of talking about himself, as if he is describing someone who has no idea what they're doing, as well as his now seemingly obvious limitations as a tactician.

His latest offering on the OS, in no way resembles that of a manager who knows where he's going with his squad, or what to do with them. So I give up on him.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:09 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:I've been banging on recently, about giving Sherwood more time to sort things out, but, I'm now slipping into the realms of hoping he will be extricated from Villa Park, mainly due to his strange way of talking about himself, as if he is describing someone who has no idea what they're doing, as well as his now seemingly obvious limitations as a tactician.

His latest offering on the OS, in no way resembles that of a manager who knows where he's going with his squad, or what to do with them. So I give up on him.

I think you've summed it up perfectly there. If he doesn't have a clue or faith in himself to know what's needed to turn it around, how are we to support him as fans?

I remember Lambert saying he didn't know what the problems were, which is when I 'turned' if you don't know what's going wrong, then imo you're not the man to fix them and put it right.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
avfcff1982 wrote:I've been banging on recently, about giving Sherwood more time to sort things out, but, I'm now slipping into the realms of hoping he will be extricated from Villa Park, mainly due to his strange way of talking about himself, as if he is describing someone who has no idea what they're doing, as well as his now seemingly obvious limitations as a tactician.

I think you've summed it up perfectly there. If he doesn't have a clue or faith in himself to know what's needed to turn it around, how are we to support him as fans?

I remember Lambert saying he didn't know what the problems were, which is when I 'turned' if you don't know what's going wrong, then imo you're not the man to fix them and put it right.

“I like to try to win enough games rather than going out there not to be beat because I’ve done that a few times and you end up getting beat anyway."

That comment from Tim Sherwood sums things up nicely, so as we have noticed, he's tried the wrong system "a few times", surely it should be obvious that it's not going right after a couple of times, and chuck it in the bin, then go for something else, like........oh yeah, what we've been saying for a few weeks now. He really doesn't do himself any favours with comments like that, he's a well paid manager and coach, who should be well aware of his failings instantly, and act on them accordingly, seems he's unable to do that.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7