www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

+3
South London Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
7 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 16 Empty Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:22 am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/498834/Remi-Garde-rift-Aston-Villa

Remi denies any split, but in reading what he has to say, it does seem as though he keeps himself apart from the players, and relies on his captain for feed back.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 16 Empty Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10191276/remi-garde-denies-split-in-aston-villa-squad?

A similar story with a give away end paragraph. Garde admits that he's had to change his training methods, and is still having to make training concessions.

SENIOR PLAYERS 1 - Garde 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Now we know who's in charge.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Why overpaid spoilt brats should never run the club.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:26 pm

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Chris Harte wrote:

On at least two occasions, the1-1 draw in January with Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park in the FA Cup third round, and then the 6-0 defeat at home to Liverpool on February 14, senior players have been vocal about the absence of their manager in the changing rooms afterwards.

Really?

Anyway, I can think of 20000+ fans who openly question the players' effort.

What does it say about our players that they seemingly want someone to harangue them for a lack of effort? Guilty minds? That bit of the story just doesn't make any sense. In fact, the story seems to be about those sweet, innocent footballers being confused by the strange foreign man's methods and desperate to be punished for their being completely unprofessional and lack of ability.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:11 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10191276/remi-garde-denies-split-in-aston-villa-squad?

A similar story with a give away end paragraph. Garde admits that he's had to change his training methods, and is still having to make training concessions.

SENIOR PLAYERS 1 - Garde 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....  Now we know who's in charge.

That's very disappointing. We don't need a weak manager in our current situation though I suppose he might see it as a question of trying to get through to the end of the season with them then getting rid of the players.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:37 am

I just read on the official site that when the first goal goes in it "hurts our players". Remi's tactics today are for a fast start and a hope that we go further into the game before we concede the first goal. You couldn't make it up.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

So ten defensive players this time round?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Sandie wrote:So ten defensive players this time round?
Nine and Flabby Gabby! Ayew is the only one likely to trouble the Man City defence.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm really struggling to see why Garde keeps persisting with the same players and systems. I know he's been hung out to dry but it isn't helping.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Garde to be sacked if he doesn't quit: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-7501206

It's the Sunday People so probably BS but maybe a parting of the ways might be the best thing all round?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:37 pm

He won't be ideal in the Championship, so a parting of the ways will probably happen
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:19 am

I'm wondering what has happened since January with Garde. Back then we had a run where we were picking up points, but since this has all gone wrong. We beat Norwich, but succumbed to other teams (all in the top eleven presently).

If we look at January, we couldn't get points off Sunderland, yet got a point off top-off-the-table Leicester, beat Palace who haven't won this year and then drew with Albion.

I think all I can draw from the above is that the Sunderland and Leicester games were out of character results.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Prior to January Garde still gave off an aura of belief in his ability to change things. When Lerner and Fox pulled the rug from under him in the transfer window, the players sensed that he was wounded and on borrowed time, and started to run the dressing room. That's my take on it.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:58 pm

I think there might be something in that. I also wonder whether having had the rug pulled from under him has meant he is trying to send them a message? He probably was saying right up til the end of the window 'If I get some new players I can fix this'. They failed him and so he's now just trying to show them how bad the existing players are by repeatedly picking them rather than trying something new?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next