www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

+3
South London Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
7 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 7 Empty Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:32 am

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5200905,00.html

At first glance this article looks positive, but when I read it again I began to worry. Remi seems to be excited about planning for and finding ways to beat the teams we play, but he doesn't seem to realise that we don't have those kind of intuitive players, to change tactically from match to match.

Don't get technical, keep it simple and throw everything we've got at every team we play.

If by some miracle we survive then Garde can start building his Arsenal MK 2 team, but for the rest of this season we need a bit of good old Leicester rampaging spirit from last season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 7 Empty Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by Sandie Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:09 pm

I tend to agree though I'm not sure it's possible to get rampaging spirit from this group of players.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Sandie wrote:I tend to agree though I'm not sure it's possible to get rampaging spirit from this group of players.
More of a limp wristed quickstep perhaps? Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:19 am

I think Remi Garde has the makings of a decent Villa manager in the next couple of seasons, but I also think that his lack of current Premier League and Villa player knowledge is going to cost us in our immediate future. We cannot get out of this by setting up and playing like underdogs.

Instead of watching Villa videos, Remi needs to watch replays of Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Leicester to see how 'smaller clubs' play against the so called bigger clubs.

We have to change our attitude and approach to games if we're to win any "six pointers".
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:25 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Instead of watching Villa videos, Remi needs to watch replays of Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Leicester to see how 'smaller clubs' play against the so called bigger clubs.

We have to change our attitude and approach to games if we're to win any "six pointers".

Completely agree, could you ever see us setting out and playing like Watford have done today? Our current aim seems to be to set out not to be embarrassed.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Instead of watching Villa videos, Remi needs to watch replays of Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Leicester to see how 'smaller clubs' play against the so called bigger clubs.

Completely agree, could you ever see us setting out and playing like Watford have done today? Our current aim seems to be to set out not to be embarrassed.

"Set out not to be embarrassed" .... nail on head!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:05 pm

I noticed Remi used the words "when you've got nothing to lose" in his latest interview. Hopefully he fully understands that now and will set up his team accordingly.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:10 pm

We live in hope.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:49 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10107074/why-is-4-4-2-thriving-is-it-the-key-to-leicester-and-watford8217s-success

I found this article to be a good read. Remi needs to look at what's working for 'ordinary' teams in the Premier. Sometimes you've got to put aside your preferred way of doing things and go for a 'fix'. 4-4-2 has to be our way forward as I've said a number of times recently.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:36 pm

That's a very interesting article. A lot of people have started to see 4-4-2 as old hat (always remember Mike Bassett) but football is cyclical and things come back into fashion. Even European teams have started to use it again and they're always cited as an example of how to do things.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Today's the day Remi. Show us what you're made of! Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 7 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Does anybody think Garde deserves criticism for failing to engineer any kind of upturn in results and having a 0% win ratio after 8 games?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Sandie wrote:Does anybody think Garde deserves criticism for failing to engineer any kind of upturn in results and having a 0% win ratio after 8 games?
I've seen a few things that I like about Remi, but it's now greatly outweighed by his inability to pick a team and a formation capable of winning. Not only does he pick the wrong one .... he picks the blatantly obvious wrong team and formation.

Meanwhile the way he insists on setting up with Hutton in a a free right sided role is costing us every single match .... and he either doesn't see it or refuses to change it. I'm incredibly disappointed with Remi, as he is now potentially as big a danger to Villa as a sulky politicking Sherwood was. Two managers each with their own agenda, neither of which seems to coincide with keeping Villa in the Premier League.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:40 pm

What would you do?

The window of opportunity for this grand old club to stay in the Premier League is not just slamming shut but somebody has just started laying the bricks to block it up. That coupled with how I think chopping and changing manager gets you nowhere means I think Garde should stay on until the end of the season and get part of next.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next