www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Bees?

Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 Empty 100% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Another enforced change, Bacuna on for De Laet.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45

Post by Jim Villan Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Not sure what to even say about that.............bitterly disappointing again second half.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:57 pm

RDM must take responsibility for another debacle. His team tried to defend their way to a 1-0 win from the 18th minute and he sat there and watched it. They must have been following his negative lead, because otherwise he would have been jumping up and down on the touchline tearing his hair out at what he was watching.

Our inability to continue playing football when we're leading is down to having an extremely nervous manager. Tony Xia said three days ago "once is a mistake, two and three times is unacceptable" .... it's now happened four times in seven games.

Little Brentford were a well coached unit who got about their job for 90 minutes. They have no big names but they have the heart and soul that Villa have lacked for the past five years. There are some big questions to be asked and answered now.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:01 pm

We're not even heading in the right direction that was the worst performance of the season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:05 pm

As a familiar sense of despair sets in again I've just read one comment from a fan on another forum thats cheered me up momentarily. It was a fan writing in the RDM thread who said " its starting to look like we have another turd in charge"
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:18 pm

I was disappointed when it became clear that RDM was our favoured managerial target, the only thing he had going for him was that he wasn't Pearson. I said at the time (along with all of you I think) that I didn't like his negative brand of football, and I didn't think he was a strong enough character to drag a team up out of the Villa wreckage. I wonder whether he chose his summer signings himself, because we're now top heavy with attacking players and have no creativity whatsoever in our midfield. How did RDM expect to play his type of football successfully with out the makings of a balanced first team?

What happened tonight was unacceptable, but even more worrying is how does Di Matteo begin to put it right?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:33 pm

I was not keen on RDM either. That said, there is a world of difference between being "not keen" and starting to fear we've employed another Sherwood - a total chancer - which is where I'm at now.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm off to bed to read a good book and clear my mind of the totally predictable bottling of yet another opportunity. Night all. Sleep

I've just read your post Sandie, and I'm also worried about the fact that we seem to employ managers who have little or no idea of how to manage a team.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:22 am

The last few years have got me used to Villa teams that are soft as shite and easily capable of throwing things away. However, the concerning thing is that was a side largely of new players. Are the Westwoods (Aston Villa win record 13% - and falling - as VB told us earlier) and Bacunas of the world who have never played in a successful Aston Villa team really poisoning an all new camp with their negative vibes from years of negative experience? Or is it just that we've employed another numpty who deploys the wrong players in the wrong places?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:24 am

It's not all bad, of course. Kodjia looked a real live wire and Gollini has gone another game without dropping a clanger - hopefully he's growing into things after a difficult start. With only one or two exceptions this is a team of good individuals.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:05 am

It seems that Clarke and Bond have been told to sit down and shut up on match days. There is absolutely no leadership coming from the touch line during the match. I have only seen RDM react once and that was when we scored the second goal against Forest when he jumped around like a supporter.

Where is the tactical input that we see regularly from opposition managers?

Garry Thompson (a decent radio WM summariser and ex Villa player) pointed out that at half time RDM/SC/KB were back out and sitting on the bench at least three minutes before the players came out .... what was that about?

RDM got it badly wrong yesterday by trying to defend a 1-0 lead from the 19th minute. It was frustrating to begin with, but then led to anger as it became obvious that our negativity was a deliberate plan. The booing at the end of the match told RDM all that he needed to know about the fans opinion of the 'tactic'.

We play Ipswich in two days, and Mick McCarthy will have his fairly ordinary team well organised and doing all the simple things well .... when will we be able to say the same thing about Villa?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:31 pm

I don't understand why we sit back so much, surely RDM will have got the idea we are incapable of it by now?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Sandie wrote:I don't understand why we sit back so much, surely RDM will have got the idea we are incapable of it by now?
I think because we've come within five minutes approx of getting away with it, he may well think it's worth doing the same again. We see it as failure, he sees it as nearly succeeding!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Somebody on Twitter pointed out last night that our collapse has been getting gradually later with each one. With last night's one occurring in the 88th minute we might just stop suffering one by about two or three games time.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Sandie wrote:Somebody on Twitter pointed out last night that our collapse has been getting gradually later with each one. With last night's one occurring in the 88th minute we might just stop suffering one by about two or three games time.
Wishful thinking but a nice idea. Aston Villa V Brentford: Wednesday 14th September 19:45 - Page 3 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next