www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What will happen against the rabble from Small Heath?

That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap75%That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 Empty 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 Empty Re: That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00

Post by South London Villan Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:38 am

Agrred Sandie, I would rather him be nowhere near the team, I sense he sees a chance of success & I can seevwhy Bruce would pick him for THIS game, just doesn't give the rihht message to playrrs like Green, Lyden RHM who haven't hadva chance let alone 100
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00 - Page 4 Empty Re: That Lot V Aston Villa: Sunday 30th October 12:00

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:10 pm

Gabby, Westwood, Hutton. Three players that should not be part of a Villa team with real aspirations.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:16 pm

Between injuries and Bacuna finding a niche in midfield we've had no alternative to Hutton. The galling thing with the other two is that there are other options that are better than them. Why was Gabby sent on before Gestede who's effective in this division? Why has Tshibola dropped out of the picture beneath Bacuna and Westwood?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:48 pm

I agree that Hutton is our only fit right back if Bacuna continues to play a midfield role, but we need to address the problem of having to play players who cannot take us forward. The January transfer window must be used ruthlessly to remove 'triers' and replace them with 'doers'.

Tshibola should play before Westwood, but I guess Bruce needs to suss out first that all the running that AW does is non productive. Westwood has been conning our managers for some considerable time, so I'm not surprised that he continues to do so.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:09 am

Bruce was saying that he thought Westwood was "terrific" against Birmingham.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:09 am

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/31/birmingham-v-aston-villa-match-report/?

The first big black mark for Steve Bruce. He must have been distracted by the occasion. I've watched the match through twice, and I've fast forwarded through a third time. We played the Blues with ten and a half men (and I'm being charitable to Westwood calling him a half!) He ran further than any of our players but he needn't have bothered because he never got closer than a couple of metres to an opposition player except on rare occasions where he was jockeying from the rear or side. His "shot" at an open goal was laughably ten metres wide of the target, and his negativity when McCormack was open and screaming for the ball was infuriating!

Message to Bruce, watch the game back before you heap praise on a totally "nothing" performance! If Westwood becomes a fixture because the manager didn't watch the game properly then a draw is the best we can hope for going forward.

Jedinak played really deep in front of the CB's and Gardner ended up isolated in midfield because Westwood just ran round in circles all match chasing the ball like a mongrel at the park. Grrrrr!!!!!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:02 pm

I suppose there's nothing to be gained from saying one of your players was shite post match. The really telling thing will be whether Westwood ends up getting a run or drops back out of the side.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Sandie wrote:I suppose there's nothing to be gained from saying one of your players was shite post match. The really telling thing will be whether Westwood ends up getting a run or drops back out of the side.
You're right. I'm sure Bruce was trying to build Westwood's confidence, but to hear him say that at the same time as giving Gabby a run out is concerning if it points to future selections.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4