www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

+3
South London Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
7 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 12 Empty Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Sandie wrote:Alan Nixon (journo) is saying that there's some 'tinkering' with our managerial staff on the way. Full report tomorrow.

What can it be? Maybe Remi is getting his old assistants in finally? He says he sees it as good news.
Getting his own team fully together would be good news for Remi. It's probably too late to alter our immediate future, but it could help in the long term.

I'll await any announcement with interest.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 12 Empty Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:Alan Nixon (journo) is saying that there's some 'tinkering' with our managerial staff on the way. Full report tomorrow.

What can it be? Maybe Remi is getting his old assistants in finally? He says he sees it as good news.
Getting his own team fully together would be good news for Remi. It's probably too late to alter our immediate future, but it could help in the long term.

I'll await any announcement with interest.

He also said, it's something we need and it's something we've now got. Could be seen as a player, football representation on the board, anything with Alan Nixon as he's trying to flog the paper. I didn't see the bit about managerial staff, was that after about 2pm today Sandie? Only read the first bits about it being good news in his opinion and what else I wrote. Interesting what other papers pick up on this, should find out tonight at about 10:00pm right?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Just read it. People are suggesting it's Stuart Pearce? Whaaatt?? Surely not?! I'd hope it was more likely one of his ex Lyon men (I know one was given the temp coach role, so the other?) Or maybe someone who knows the Premier League? Didn't Steve Round not join as he only really wanted a coach? So should be a coach and not assistant. That's Reginald's job.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Eric Black just been mentioned on Facebook as the possible assistant.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 pm

I think this ends any hope of Remi getting his Lyon colleagues to join him. Eric Black has coached for a couple of decent managers, and speaks french which is probably an essential qualification for us at the moment.

I guess his lower league experience will become relevant. It's not an inspiring appointment, but it looks as though AVFC has given up looking for inspiration.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:13 am

Well that's a bit of a let down ha! oh well, at least it's Garde's choice and not one thrust upon him by the club. I think we would've still got the two Lyon guys in come the summer had we of stayed up, but I don't see them looking at the Championship over the Champions League and thinking "I'll have a bit of this" Still Black is only until the the end of the season, so you never know, plus we could still stay up Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 12 1554986367

Eric if you can somehow show the team how to get the ball in the onion bag, I'll love you forever!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:17 am

Sandie wrote:Eric Black just been mentioned on Facebook as the possible assistant.

Social Media whispers were right for once and Facebook too, rare!! Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:33 pm

I get frustrated with Garde's team selection, but I guess he honestly believes that if we play 4-4-2 we would be too weak in the centre to compete, and will probably end up getting beat. It's frustrating to watch Ayew playing on the wing as a supplier when we need him in front of goal sticking the ball in the net.

I think he has to change his mindset. He has to be prepared to pick a team and formation that can win a game, even if it means we might well end up losing.

It's so frustrating to see a talented player like Gil with no one to link up with, when Veretout is sat on the bench. Dominating possession is useless unless several players are busting a gut to get into the box, and wide men are looking to get the ball into them.

You have to be brave Remi, win or bust has to be your mantra every time you put up a team sheet from now to the end of the season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm not so sure about any problems with tactics now to be honest. Ayew seems to have a reputation for inconsistency and not being a great goal scorer from his past career so being the provider suits him. Leaving him aside, our goal scoring options are Gestede and Kozak. I think Gestede's weaknesses speak for themselves though he is a useful option at times (was disappointed to see him come off injured yesterday, if he stayed on we might have got something) and Kozak has finally got a chance but he needs to get used to the level again. He can look slow and have a poor touch some times. The problem isn't how the personnel are used but the personnel themselves. If Garde had Charlie Austin we wouldn't have this problem.

And I'm not sure we know the reason Veretout was out. I doubt he was dropped as he has played almost every game under Remi. Most likely he was fatigued or had a knock so wasn't up to 90 minutes.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Sandie wrote:I'm not so sure about any problems with tactics now to be honest. Ayew seems to have a reputation for inconsistency and not being a great goal scorer from his past career so being the provider suits him. Leaving him aside, our goal scoring options are Gestede and Kozak. I think Gestede's weaknesses speak for themselves though he is a useful option at times (was disappointed to see him come off injured yesterday, if he stayed on we might have got something) and Kozak has finally got a chance but he needs to get used to the level again. He can look slow and have a poor touch some times. The problem isn't how the personnel are used but the personnel themselves. If Garde had Charlie Austin we wouldn't have this problem.

And I'm not sure we know the reason Veretout was out. I doubt he was dropped as he has played almost every game under Remi. Most likely he was fatigued or had a knock so wasn't up to 90 minutes.
I disagree Sandie, but it would be boring if we all saw things the same way. Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager - Page 12 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:07 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-rock-bottom-10-7238542

“The door is closed for those who don’t have the right attitude,” he says. “You cannot only play on your talent. You have to play for the team and work hard. This is what we have shown in the last five games.

“These are men. It’s very important in the Premier League to have this attitude. In any league you cannot play football if you don’t play like a man. When you arrive in the middle of the season it is difficult to assess the players and how they behave, how they are as human beings.

Making all the right noises.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 pm

It's about time the weak and wobbly were called to account. I don't think our players are a bunch of cowards, but there's definitely a number of players who've been stealing a living. It's become almost a cultural problem for Villa's under achievers.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:30 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-manager-remi-garde-10790139

"He will work alongside Reginald Ray, Robert Duverne and Tony Parks as part of my coaching staff.

"Eric brings a wealth of experience and excellent knowledge of English football and he will help me improve the level of the team."
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:39 pm

I think that appointing Black is a pragmatic response to future requirements.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next