www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

+5
danclare82
Chris Harte
South London Villan
avfcff1982
GadgetMan
9 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who do you want as the next Villa manager?

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty 9% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:28 pm

It did leave that small fact out you're right Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 3640643743 I didn't think it was reflective of his overall career record which stands at a 47% win ratio (there or thereabouts) He's done well wherever he has gone and could work with this set of players I think. That said, I don't think he'll be on Villa's radar, or wish to come (He'll be aiming higher)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:32 pm

If Villa are relegated, then they throw away the chance to earn £170 million gross next season.

Our next manager has to be the most expensive purchase we've ever made .... Lerner/Fox have thrown away every other option.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:34 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If Villa are relegated, then they throw away the chance to earn £170 million gross next season.

Our next manager has to be the most expensive purchase we've ever made .... Lerner/Fox have thrown away every other option.

Agreed. We need to pull off a masterstroke here, no cutting corners or choosing the cheap option. If someone reputable could be convinced to come by the promise of funds and a good salary, nows the time to push the boat out. Ironically some of RL's biggest expenses has been paying off failed managers (in excess of 12m) We need to get this right.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Back when Lerner was still interested he rolled the dice and spent £18million (rising to the more often quoted £24million) on Darren Bent in order to prevent relegation under Gerard Houllier.

Our need right now is far greater than it was back then. Surely he must look at things and think that we'll be pissing away the £170million bounty VB mentions and that the value of the club (which he's still trying to sell!) will end up nosediving like Enron shares and then consider taking action.

A good manager now and a new goalkeeper and proven striker in January. How much would that cost? Vs how much we stand to lose?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:39 am

Gary Monk?

Garry Monk is among the managers Aston Villa will turn their attention to if Tim Sherwood cannot quickly turn around the club’s terrible start to the season.

David Moyes is currently the favourite to succeed Sherwood at Villa Park and is apparently interested in the post, but he is not the only manager the club will consider.

Monk has done a superb job at Swansea and Villa would be keen to sound out the 36-year-old to see whether or not he would be interested in moving to the Midlands.

But Villa would have to pay over £3million in compensation to land Monk, who signed a new three-year contract with Swansea this summer.

Ironically, it could be Monk who pushes Sherwood closer to the exit door with Swansea due to face Villa on Saturday in a must-win game for the former Tottenham man.

While Moyes, who is under pressure at Real Sociedad, may be easier to land, Monk fits the profile of the Villa job better.

Questions have been raised over whether or not Sherwood is responsible for all of Villa’s summer signings and Monk is used to having to work closely with chairman Huw Jenkins over Swansea transfers.

Brendan Rodgers is well liked by the Villa hierarchy, but the Northern Irishman is willing to take his time before jumping back into management.

Monk last season bettered the achievements of Rodgers in the Premier League, leading the Swans to the club’s highest-ever points total.

West Ham United showed an interest in Monk before appointing Slaven Bilic and the ex-defender has established himself as one of the brightest young coaches in the county.

It is debatable, however, whether he would see Villa as a good career move with the Midlands club second bottom of the Premier League table and Swansea not worried about relegation.

Under Sherwood, Villa have picked up just four points from their opening nine games and have lost their last five Premier League games.

Not knocking Monk, I've always liked the way he conducts himself and he's got a decent record at Swansea but he is a bit Lambert-esque, someone who's had a couple of decent seasons at a club with a good structure (the antithesis of Villa) who might struggle if they are at us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 am

No chance Villa would try and go for Monk surely? Seems like lazy journalism to me. He's settled at Swansea, we'd need to pay big bucks to get him and as you say he's not experienced enough yet. Very much like Lambert, no thanks.

If we're going to prize managers away from clubs I'd want it to be someone better and more experienced than Monk.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am

GadgetMan wrote:No chance Villa would try and go for Monk surely? Seems like lazy journalism to me. He's settled at Swansea, we'd need to pay big bucks to get him and as you say he's not experienced enough yet. Very much like Lambert, no thanks.

If we're going to prize managers away from clubs I'd want it to be someone better and more experienced than Monk.
I agree, our problem at the moment is a manager with no experience. Monk is only a one club rookie who took over a tight squad. Appointing another inexperienced manager would be very bad judgement.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:58 pm

With links of Aston Villa to Gary Monk just before we play Swansea is it just a cynical opinion that this was a feeble attempt by someone within VP, who has previously been accused of leaking info/misinformation to the media for their own gain in the past, to unsettle our next opponents?
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Time to talk about this again I think and it just so happens that our very own Starbuck19777 has written a blog piece discussing some of the runners and riders: http://www.theclaretandbluearmy.com/t88-aston-villa-a-look-through-the-keyhole
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Sherwood, Wilkins, Robson and Brady have all left. Does that mean that a new manager has been identified and agreed, and he's bringing in his own back room staff this week?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 pm

You would hope.

These are the bookies odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

Obvious names like Moyes and Rodgers at the top. Anyone leap out?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Sandie wrote:You would hope.

These are the bookies odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

Obvious names like Moyes and Rodgers at the top. Anyone leap out?

Reme Garde for me. Realistic, available, knows Fox, knows french players. If not a man with a great profile and presence, DeBoer with Kluivert as assistant Very Happy

I've added a poll folks
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Has to be Moyes, discipline, defence, works on a budget, experience of PL, won't stand for any nonsense from either players or bosses, commands respect
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Reme Garde odds on with the bookies to be appointed. This has happened in the last few mins from nowhere. Reports from Canal+ (for who he has been a pundit, said he's going to Villa and betting will be suspended shortly)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:33 pm

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/remi-garde-in-pole-for-aston-villa-job/

Philippe Auclair is a fairly well known journalist, isn't he? Might be something in this (though there are always random reports and odds fluctuations with these things).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next