www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

+5
danclare82
Chris Harte
South London Villan
avfcff1982
GadgetMan
9 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who do you want as the next Villa manager?

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 I_vote_lcap36%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 I_vote_lcap18%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 I_vote_lcap9%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty 9% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 I_vote_lcap36%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

Post by GadgetMan Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Reports Bastia assistant manager Reginald Ray will join Remi as part of his staff. This seems to indicate at least one of his Lyon staff won't be coming. Disappointed by this as they will be really important. Let's hope whatever team he puts together will be tight and good enough
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

Post by GadgetMan Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:26 pm

So it appears no Lyon staff immediately. I believe it could be during the international break. Guess we may find out more tomorrow if we have a press conference (unless that will be Tuesday with just an official announcement tomorrow?)

Reginald Ray coming in as assistant. Ex pro and highly respected coach in French football. If we can add to that with one or both of the Lyon guys in the int break we may have a string technical team. Let's hope so.

I'm excited. It feels different, it is different. It could spectacularly fail, however it may well just turn this club around.

Let's just hope we're not having a new manager thread in a few months eh?! We need some continuity now with the right guy.

Viva la revolution!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Welcome Remi and Regi.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 am

Houllier backs Garde to succeed

Gerard Houllier has backed Remi Garde to be a big success at Aston Villa, should he be appointed to succeed Tim Sherwood at Villa Park.

Garde, who is set to sign a three-and-a-half-year deal at Villa Park, worked under former Liverpool boss Houllier when they were at Lyon together.

Garde is likely to be in the stands on Monday night when Villa take on Tottenham at White Hart Lane, live on Sky Sports 1, with caretaker boss Kevin McDonald taking temporary charge.

Should Garde be appointed at Villa Park, his first game in charge would be at home against Manchester City next Sunday.

The 49-year-old has never coached outside of France, but he played for Arsenal under Arsene Wenger, and Houllier says he has all the attributes needed to succeed in the Premier League.

"Remi takes over and his first job is to get the confidence back into the players. I fully expect him to be a success in the Premier League," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"There is already a lot of talk about how he has not managed in England before but the same applies to Jurgen Klopp, Rafa Benitez and even myself and they didn't do too badly. He has spoken to me about Villa. I told him it was a great club with excellent facilities.

"I will be here to assist him if he needs any advice but he will have good people at Villa.

"He speaks the English language and will get his ideas and philosophy across. His philosophy will be attack-minded, he likes to build from the back."
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:24 am

Wonder will Garde have any say in tonight's game or will it Kev's last hurrah before heading back to the academy?
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:26 am

Jimmycarr wrote:Wonder will Garde have any say in tonight's game or will it Kev's last hurrah before heading back to the academy?

Think he will meet the players and maybe tell them to play to the plan (set by KMac) but that he wants to see people expressing themselves etc) but that will be it, he won't do a Sherwood (I don't think) starts tomorrow. Interested to see if he has another coach. I've been told we're going back to Lyon in the international break. If no one other than he and Reg Ray come in this looks likely.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Garde isn't coming to Villa to get the best out of the likes of Richardson, Westwood, Hutton, Gabby, Lescott etc. He's coming to get the new signings firing on all cylinders. I'm sure he'll want to see them playing asap, and he'll learn a bit from the stands tonight.

There's no point in wasting another match with a team full of has beens.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Good read here

Four reasons Remi Garde will be a success at Aston Villa
Randy Lerner has a poor track record of appointing managers at Aston Villa - but Tom Adams suggests some reasons why Remi Garde could buck the trend.

The Aston Villa job has become something of a poisoned chalice in the past five years, ever since Martin O’Neill dramatically resigned five days before the start of the 2010-11 season.

Gerard Houllier, Alex McLeish and Tim Sherwood all lasted fewer than 50 matches - Sherwood only notched up 28 before his dismissal last month - while Paul Lambert’s 115 came at a pitiful win percentage of under 30%.

Owner Randy Lerner’s record of recruitment is fairly horrendous - O’Neill was in place when he purchased the club in 2006 - and instead of targeting a manager like David Moyes, who knows the Premier League, he has taken a gamble in Remi Garde.

The former Lyon boss is expected to attend Monday night’s match against Tottenham Hotspur and could even be confirmed as Villa’s new boss before kick-off.

It’s a huge job for a man whose previous experience of English football came as a low-profile squad member in Arsene Wenger’s first title-winning Arsenal team in 1997-98 - but here’s four reasons he might just succeed where his predecessors have failed.

1. He’s already got a core of former Ligue 1 players to utilise
The more uncharitable might suggest Villa have been preparing for this managerial change since the summer, having signed no less than four players from Ligue 1: Jordan Ayew, Jordan Amavi, Jordan Veretout and Idrissa Gueye. Garde knows the value of having a Francophile core having joined Arsenal along with Patrick Vieira as the Gunners set about establishing the squad which would deliver the 1997-98 double.

Ayew has only scored once in nine games since his £8.4 million move from Lorient and Villa will hope that Garde has more success than his predecessor, Sherwood, who could only steer the club to the bottom of the Premier League with his batch of new recruits. Garde speaks their language, has common frames of reference and should be able to coax more out of the players at his disposal.

2. Intelligent, attacking football will be the order of the day
Aston Villa played moribund football at times under McLeish and then Lambert - even soul-destroying at times. Sherwood was a corrective appointment in this respect and his sunny demeanour and positive attitude produced an upturn in form following his appointment, particularly in the club's run to the FA Cup final. But he lacked the tactical framework to sustain it and now Villa hope they have found a coach who can entertain their long-suffering supporters in a more joined-up way.

As our French office explained elsewhere on Monday, Garde is “not a defensive coach”. He sets out to win matches and to do so in style - unsurprisingly, given he is a former acolyte of Wenger. Houllier, who had Garde as his assistant during his time in charge of Lyon, told Villa fans what they can expect in an interview in the Daily Telegraph at the weekend: "He speaks the English language and will get his ideas and philosophy across. His philosophy will be attack-minded, he likes to build from the back.”

3. He has a strong track record in bringing through youngsters
Upon taking charge of Lyon in 2011, following spells as an assistant coach and working with the youth setup, Garde was instructed to bring the wage budget down, disassemble a team full of talented stars and focus on youth development. During his time in charge, players such as Henri Bedimo and, most notably, Alexandre Lacazette made the transition from potential to achievement.

At Villa, the task is similar. Firmly ensconced outside of the English elite, Villa also want to develop young players on a smaller budget than many of their rivals. Jack Grealish is the standout young talent whom Garde will be asked to polish, but summer recruit Adama Traore, a Barcelona youth product, is another who Garde will hope to inspire.

4. He comes with excellent references
The two most successful French coaches to have worked in English football have both given Garde their seal of approval, even if their history of collaboration means they are rather biased on the matter.

Arsene Wenger (three league titles, six FA Cups with Arsenal):
" I am convinced he is a front-runner. Remi is an intelligent man who is now experienced. He will try to get his ideas across and hopefully he can work. They [Villa] have five or six French players who have not all had an impact."

Gerard Houllier (one FA Cup, two League Cups, one UEFA Cup with Liverpool):
" Remi takes over a team in a state of urgency and his first job is to get the confidence back into the players. He’s got a task on his hands to save them from relegation but I fully expect him to be a success in the Premier League. There is already a lot of talk about how he has not managed in England before but the same applies to Jurgen Klopp, Rafa Benitez and even myself and they didn’t do too badly."
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Some of our players are going to be going home from training with severe headaches when the technical sessions kick in.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Confirmed. Welcome Remi Garde!
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 pm

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Excellent! Time to start a Remi Garde, Villa Manager thread I think!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:59 pm

[quote="GadgetMan"]Welcome Remi Garde

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5113718,00.html

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Rémi Garde as our new manager.

The 49-year-old Frenchman is widely regarded as one of Europe's most exciting coaches and has agreed a contract that will run until the end of season 2018/19.

Rémi enjoyed a successful three-year period as manager of Ligue 1 side Lyon where he led the club to the Couple de France and Trophee des Champions as well as the quarter-finals of the Europa League, successfully implementing his own brand of highly entertaining football in the process.

He is also renowned for developing young talent and the Club is thrilled to have secured his services.

Tom Fox, Aston Villa Chief Executive, said: "For the past year we have been working purposefully to transform the Club in order to build a successful organisation that can compete and succeed in the Premier League.

"Finding a manager who shares and believes in our vision and has the ability to bring it to life through performances on the pitch is essential. We are confident that Rémi is the manager who can deliver the best from the current squad and help set the club up for future success".

Rémi Garde said: "It is an unbelievable honour to be the manager of such an illustrious football club.

"I've had extremely positive meetings with both the owner, Randy Lerner, and Chief Executive Tom Fox. They have ambitious plans for the Club and I'm excited that they have turned to me to help them realise them.

"Obviously we have a difficult task in front of us but I'm looking forward to the challenge with the support of everyone who loves Aston Villa."

Chairman Randy Lerner added: "Rémi came with ideas, honesty, humour and a steely sense of what it will take for Aston Villa to be what it is meant to be - hard working, tireless, creative and unwilling to concede.

"Nobody at Villa can deny that we are way behind. We recruited aggressively this past summer and it is our responsibility to now harvest this talent rather than buckle under pressure and criticism - we are better than that. On behalf of the Board we wish Rémi every success."

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 12 Image22

Positive words all round. Particularly like Lerner's words (he never spoke about Sherwood)

Last edited by GadgetMan on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:00 pm

The OS they have spelt it REMY. Oh dear.
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:09 pm

danclare82 wrote:The OS they have spelt it REMY. Oh dear.

Must have amended it now as when I looked and popped it on here it was Remi
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next