www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

+5
danclare82
Chris Harte
South London Villan
avfcff1982
GadgetMan
9 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who do you want as the next Villa manager?

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap36%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty 9% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap36%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Another article on Sherwood's demise and links to Garde

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/oct/25/tim-sherwood-successor-aston-villa?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Re Rodgers, you raise a good point and one I thought earlier whilst watching Liverpool earlier. I would prefer Rodgers to Moyes in truth
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)

Post by South London Villan Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:02 pm

It will be Garde, probably Tuesday
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:07 pm

South London Villan wrote:It will be Garde, probably Tuesday

All points to him and I for one will be delighted. All I've read, heard from others and watched his team a few times makes me excited. Expect to see Amavi, Veretout, Gana and Ayew all to feature regularly. The more I read and speak to french fans the more I like.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

A good summary of things there, interesting that they point to Fox being under pressure with both Sherwood and the overarching structure of the club being his ideas rather than something Lerner has been pushing. I wonder if he sold all of this to Lerner as a way of making the club more attractive to purchasers or even successful at a sustainable price? Perhaps this has something to do with how Lerner has been allegedly moving the goalposts with regards to a sale? Maybe he's been sold this idea that if he sticks around longer he can get more of his money back?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Sandie wrote:

A good summary of things there, interesting that they point to Fox being under pressure with both Sherwood and the overarching structure of the club being his ideas rather than something Lerner has been pushing. I wonder if he sold all of this to Lerner as a way of making the club more attractive to purchasers or even successful at a sustainable price? Perhaps this has something to do with how Lerner has been allegedly moving the goalposts with regards to a sale? Maybe he's been sold this idea that if he sticks around longer he can get more of his money back?

Yep, VB spent the entire summer saying just that. Fox has massively f**ked up if so, the club needed to be sold and Lerner needed to get out. This halfway house helps no one.

Anyway back to manager news....

Canal+ pretty much seem to be saying Remi is a done deal.

Next Villa Manager, Who do you want (With poll)  - Page 4 Image20
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:01 pm

If this is true you certainly can't accuse us of hanging about.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:02 pm

This is where having a team if people making the decisions on player aquisituons will come into its own. We don't have to start again. We can go and get the manager to fit the system and not a new manager and a whole new set of players. We've seen the negative in how it caused friction with Sherwood, here's the flip side and a postive. It's what Swansea have been doing for years.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Reports suggest Garde will want his old staff (still at Lyon) Gérald Baticle and Bruno Génésio, along with a return of the fitness coach we had under Houllier. Duverne?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Another Garde article to ponder

http://goo.gl/Vm5Jlo
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 pm

... the silent, timid and almost introvert Rémi Garde...

Sounds like the antithesis of Sherwood.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:51 am

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:28 pm

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Looking like Garde is nailed on.

Lots of knockers on the Facebook groups writing him off before we're even sure he is the next manager but he can't be any worse than his predecessor. Looking over the articles and tweets there's plenty of cause for cautious optimism should he be the man. Something that leaped out for me is a comment that the club have 'been watching him for some time'. I refuse to believe that we had done such a thing with Sherwood before appointing him so this is some sort of progress. Though Tim always said that about the players we signed in the summer so maybe they're just saying it and really got the idea from our very own GadgetMan and his posts on this topic since a couple of weeks ago Very Happy
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:47 pm

This is the bit I found most interesting...

his set-up does seem to leave little room for the likes of Ayew and Jordan Veretout, but neither have demonstrated that they have what it takes to succeed in England. While both, due more to ignorance of their careers than anything else, were generally regarded as prospects upon their arrivals, the truth isn’t quite so simple. Both, despite their (relative) youth, (Veretout is 22, Ayew recently turned 24) have played well over a hundred first-team matches.

To think that Garde, for all his accolades garnered in developing Lyon’s youngsters can make a difference for the pair is foolhardy. With the players at Lyon, Garde was head of the academy and could follow the players throught their teenage years, watching them grow and cafrefully measuring their development, establishing a good awareness as to their readiness for first team football. After all, for every Fekir and Gonalons, there are also the likes of Enzo Reale and Yannis Tafer drifting about, players who never made it at Lyon.

Garde made his mark on Lyon by shaping players at a formative stage, before they had become professionals, not being a horse whisperer. Too, those who would believe that his being French can coax more out of the likes of Ayew and Veretout are foolish. The same is true for the non-French players as well; Jack Grealish is admittedly still a prospect, but he has been a professional for quite some time, having spent a full season at Notts County two years ago. The same is likewise true of Gil, who was a first-team regular at Elche for two seasons.

If Garde is appointed and does well, his success will be down to tactical consistency, not some magical ability to improve young players who are already fairly far into their professional careers. Conversely, if he is appointed and does poorly, it won’t be down (solely) to his inability to wring the best from these youngsters but rather to a hierarchy whose poorly researched signings seem a misuse of transfer funds thus far.

Whatever the outcome of the next few days, Villa are a club with deeper problems than a particular manager. No matter who is appointed, this season will be a pitched battle against relegation and whether it is Garde or someone else, confirming safety for the club will be a real achievement.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Sandie wrote:Looking like Garde is nailed on.

Lots of knockers on the Facebook groups writing him off before we're even sure he is the next manager but he can't be any worse than his predecessor. Looking over the articles and tweets there's plenty of cause for cautious optimism should he be the man. Something that leaped out for me is a comment that the club have 'been watching him for some time'. I refuse to believe that we had done such a thing with Sherwood before appointing him so this is some sort of progress. Though Tim always said that about the players we signed in the summer so maybe they're just saying it and really got the idea from our very own GadgetMan and his posts on this topic since a couple of weeks ago Very Happy
I don't see how Villa can have been "watching Garde for some time" because he's not managed a club for the last eighteen months.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next